you are the landlord

dog

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

No idea mate. Was last in there in about 1985 in truth :thumbsup:

I remember duke on a Tuesday night lol. 

Great thread. I'm thirsty now though. I don't do the tasting notes bit, I like it or I don't, so here...

Tim Taylor's - Landlord. It's perfection. Basically the human race showing off.

Dancing Duck - Ay Up. Because I love it.

Fuller's - London Pride. Steady for a sesh.

San Miguel - got to have a lager on for the yoof (and I quite like it to be honest)

Thornbridge - Jaipur - because sometime I like getting smashed from the toes up.

Oh, and there is a cider option...you can **** off.

For a snack, you can have Walkers Plain or Cheese and Onion, KP salted or dry roasted peanuts. There will also be an extensive lunch menu...cheese and onion cob or ham and pickle.

8 minutes ago, needles said:

Great thread. I'm thirsty now though. I don't do the tasting notes bit, I like it or I don't, so here...

Tim Taylor's - Landlord. It's perfection. Basically the human race showing off.

Dancing Duck - Ay Up. Because I love it.

Fuller's - London Pride. Steady for a sesh.

San Miguel - got to have a lager on for the yoof (and I quite like it to be honest)

Thornbridge - Jaipur - because sometime I like getting smashed from the toes up.

Oh, and there is a cider option...you can **** off.

For a snack, you can have Walkers Plain or Cheese and Onion, KP salted or dry roasted peanuts. There will also be an extensive lunch menu...cheese and onion cob or ham and pickle.

Would you have a dartboard?

If so, perfect pub.

12 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Landlord is very nice. I prefer Timothy Taylor Boltmaker though.

Lovely pint of Boltmaker at the Hardinge Arms at Kings Newton last week. Not as good as Landlord for me though.

Peroni - they send people out to see if your pub is posh enough to sell it.

trooper - iron maiden are one of my favourite bands and it's a decent beer I think.

old speckled hen - my grandads favourite, so he would be in there lots and who doesn't like spending time with their grandad?! 

black sheep - have to have a derby ram/sheep reference for the pub.

estrella - had a lads trip to Barca to watch a game and loved it ever since.

On 12/01/2018 at 09:52, eddie said:

There's a new one coming out - a session beer called 'Light Brigade' - still with Eddie an the label, of course. I look forward to trying a pint or three. 'Hallowed' was a reasonable take on Belgian dark (dubbel I suppose) beer, but lacked a little something (strength for a start). My bottle was low on carbonation and tasted a little 'thin', but not bad.

And it's partnered with help for heroes so you can do your bit for charity whilst getting smashed ?.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2018 at 23:28, Lambchop said:

Really like the cask strength speysides, particularly Glenfarclas and Aberlour. They evaporate in your mouth and melt your face in the smoothest possible way. Not a fan of Laphroig, except the quarter cask which is a bit mellower. Old Pulteney is supposed to be the whisky for girls, but I have a few female friends who all swear by the Glenfarclas. 

Any decent pub should have a good whisky selection. 

If you like cask strength whiskies, have you ever been member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society? They buy casks direct from the distilleries and release around 15 new bottlings every month. They’re all single cask so each run is limited and ages run from 8yo to seriously old and expensive. They categorise them by flavour profile as well. I really rate them, not cheap but I’ve had some amazing bottles from there over the past few years. I’ve got a 23yo Glenfarclas on the go that would knock your socks off!

Archived