you are the landlord

dog

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedigree - because it’s still my favourite beer, and you can always judge a pub by the quality of its Pedi. 

Burton Bridge Best Bitter - ...er, it’s my second fave, an absolute quality best that’s an alternative to Pedi. 

White Park Cranfield Best - it’s a lighter session ale that I really like, from a small brewery that does lots of good stuff and deserves support. 

Hattie Brown’s Dog On The Roof - not exactly dark, but a nutty six percenter that takes you to the next level. 

Abbydale Pale Rider - you’ve got to have a light one these days, but nothing too thin or citrusy. Either this or Taylor’s Landlord tbf. 

Five doesn’t scratch the surface, I’d want at least another dozen on rotation, all served from the barrel, and a good five or six proper ciders too. Lager can **** off, as can food, music or any other kind of frivolity. 

Titanic Plum Porter - one of the nicest porters I've ever tasted

Robinsons Trooper - I thought it was a gimmick at first when I first got some at Download, but it's a smashing bitter.

Tripel Van De Garre - the best beer in the world, but it's actually currently only available in the Staminee de Garre, Bruges (brewed for them). I'd like to introduce it to the masses, 330 ml at a time (it's strong). Served with cheese.

Pilsner Urquell - for the lagerboys, the original.

Guest pump - alternate on a weekly basis between Ped, Hobgoblin, Ringwood Fortyniner etc

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

Titanic Plum Porter - one of the nicest porters I've ever tasted

Robinsons Trooper - I thought it was a gimmick at first when I first got some at Download, but it's a smashing bitter.

Tripel Van De Garre - the best beer in the world, but it's actually currently only available in the Staminee de Garre, Bruges (brewed for them). I'd like to introduce it to the masses, 330 ml at a time (it's strong). Served with cheese.

Pilsner Urquell - for the lagerboys, the original.

Guest pump - alternate on a weekly basis between Ped, Hobgoblin, Ringwood Fortyniner etc

What do you think of the Titanic Plum Porter Reserve Eddie?

29 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Morrisons do mini kegs of this. Very nice!

There's a new one coming out - a session beer called 'Light Brigade' - still with Eddie an the label, of course. I look forward to trying a pint or three. 'Hallowed' was a reasonable take on Belgian dark (dubbel I suppose) beer, but lacked a little something (strength for a start). My bottle was low on carbonation and tasted a little 'thin', but not bad.

Archived