you are the landlord

dog

What annoys me is the cost of alcohol free beers. I know they aren't great but are OK for a pint or two if driving. They only usually come in bottles and often cost more than their alcoholic versions.

Surely if the government was serious about people reducing their alcohol intake they would drop any taxes on alcohol free alternatives, it might then let those brewers produce some decent tasting options.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for  Plum Porter - can drink it all night

Peak Ales Bakewell Best - for a local touch, sometimes in five lamps and is very good

Pravha (?) lager- better than the average lager but not quite as sharp as your peronis etc (peroni gives me the worst hangover)

Stowford Press Cider- I’ve never had a bad one 

Dancing Duck’s Abduction - Always in my local and a ‘go to’ if nothing else appeals

+ Saltaire Brewerys - Raspberry Blonde in bottles behind the bar

On 14/01/2018 at 09:03, David said:

Peroni is a status thing isn’t it? A show of wealth and usually the first one home as they are skint, can’t afford a kebab or taxi.

It can be cost effective as it gets you pissed quick. Used to drink it after work on a Friday; two pints of Peroni does the same job as about five pints of Chatsworth Gold, and you’re first in the queue for a doner. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

No girly fruit cider?

My pub will only serve the highest quality alcohol..... fruit cider is for my 5 a day. Only fruit in my pub will be a fruit machine.....

21 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

You get a like for the glrenfarclas. Top malt is that :thumbsup:

Really like the cask strength speysides, particularly Glenfarclas and Aberlour. They evaporate in your mouth and melt your face in the smoothest possible way. Not a fan of Laphroig, except the quarter cask which is a bit mellower. Old Pulteney is supposed to be the whisky for girls, but I have a few female friends who all swear by the Glenfarclas. 

Any decent pub should have a good whisky selection. 

On 15/01/2018 at 19:27, HantsRam said:

Whatever the beer, I want bags of salted nuts that are attached to a big card that slowly reveals a scantily clad lovely as the nuts are purchased :lol:

Always found in top class joints where the premium beer is Worthington's cream flow. :D

Just now, HantsRam said:

Ahhh another patron of the old Queen's Head on chessie road, Belper. 

Ha no, only been in there about twice ever. Hasnt it just reopened?

Archived