Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Shows how short we are in midfield ... Two midfielders injured so only two left and they are both defensive midfielders. 

We only play with 2 midfielders, how many senior midfielders should we carry do you think?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to have business as usual and win this game by one or two goals. We then need a draw against Bristol City, (I would take that now), then beat Millwall to keep up the pace. Only Wolves have managed 2 points per game so far, although we are above that standard in the last 16 games. One team needs 2 points a game now to get past an on form Derby County. I think that only Bristol City are capable of doing that. If we get 2 points per game we will have 89 points which would take some beating. COYR

On 09/01/2018 at 21:21, HantsRam said:

Do post match p***ups count as a night out?

Nowt on that list about giving up the luscious ladies to be found in UK cities of an evening.

I am reminded of an excerpt from Rogers Profanisaurus. .......

Diamond Dogs. ..

1. An eponymous 1980s album by David bowie. 

2. A bunch of fugly munters with vajazzled hoo-ha''s p"""ed up on Bacardi Breezers encountered on the streets of Doncaster on a Saturday night.

:lol:

An eponymous album by David Bowie would be called........ David Bowie, which it was when it was released in 1967 unlike the 1980s album Diamond Dogs which was released in 1974. Anyway grammar Nazi and just plain being  a tit business all done, a similar performance to Ipswich away will do nicely, and I reckon our "Heroes"  ( 1977, feeling smug right now) will do it.

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh   Davies   Olsson  

Huddlestone   Thorne

Weimann        Vydra         Lawrence

Nugent 

Mitchell, Pearce, Baird, Bennett, Russell, Martin, Winnall

14 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh   Davies   Olsson  

Huddlestone   Thorne

Weimann        Vydra         Lawrence

Nugent 

Mitchell, Pearce, Baird, Bennett, Russell, Martin, Winnall

Yes agree with that but just proves how unbalanced our squad is 4 strikers on the bench Afraid it will be our downfall this season 

Make no mistake, this will be a very difficult game. Whilst Birmingham is a diverse city, the club itself remains working class. After no football for a week and following a week of hard grafting to provide for their families, the Birmingham fans will be expecting hard work, character and grafting from their players so it may be an intimidating atmosphere following their good recent form. Having said that, we can use this to our advantage as their fans may get frustrated if we control the game.

I am often sceptical about playing the foreign players in games like these because I feel sometimes they lack the battling character of some of the British lads. However, Vydra, Olsson and Weimann have been in this country long enough to know that sometimes you have to fight in order to win. This game will be won by the team who works harder as Birmingham will make the game as scruffy as possible to make us get down to their level. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Make no mistake, this will be a very difficult game. Whilst Birmingham is a diverse city, the club itself remains working class.

source.gif

9 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Yes agree with that but just proves how unbalanced our squad is 4 strikers on the bench Afraid it will be our downfall this season 

We do have this month to address the problem. Still think a couple of loans will do it. Especially if we can shift Bent out. Agree though if this is our squad on 1 st Feb, we will need to be extremely lucky with injuries to keep our push going  

@Inverurie Ram. Couldn't agree more. He is absolutely brilliant in a press conference.  Talks such solid sense...doesn't swerve questions yet somehow doesn't offend. Every answer is the one I would give or like to hear. Isn't bland, and gives proper insight without singling out players for criticism.  Especially like the way he praised players like Anya and Martin for working hard but made it clear they still may go. 

On 12/01/2018 at 00:21, dcfcfan1 said:

4 and I dont count BJ as one because he has been woeful every time he has played at CM 

I think woeful is a bit harsh. Must be difficult playing behind the striker one week, then spend a couple of weeks on the left of the 3 then being asked to sit as a DM the next week. Personally think he's done a good job and not let himself or the team down. Just not as solid as having Ledley there who plays that position every week.

Archived