Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8 January 2018 at 19:53, Boycie said:

Championship

Sat 13 Jan, 15:00/3.00pm

St. Andrew's, Birmingham.

Well, I’m back! @David begged me to return the winning feeling to the forum (he’ll deny it of course, and show some photoshopped text message making out I begged him no doubt)

So, *cracks knuckles* let’s do this:

This Saturday see’s the Rams travel to the second city for what is it seems a favourite away game for Rams travelling supporters. Here’s the guide to the local pubs and the ground:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/st-andrews-birmingham-city.html#apubs-for-away-fans

We have a closely contested record against the Brummies, most recently winning away, drawing, and winning 0-4 back in 2014, we did the double over them last season, and the last time they did the double over us was in our promotion season in 2006/7 under wee Billy Davies.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Birmingham City/

Well, we know we put up a good show at Old Trafford with what wasn’t our starting 11, so I expect the normal team to return on Saturday with maybe Wisdom possibly keeping his place, Ledley making a return and  Lawrence also making a start too, but what do I know?

Birmingham have won their last three games, and we have draw one and won two, so I expect it to be a close game, as despite their position in the league confidence will be up, if a little fragile.   So maybe with this in mind we ought to try to hit them early and not let them get too confident as the game goes on.  Mind you, they’ll know we are one of the best teams in the league at counter attacking football so will be mindful of not making mistakes going forward in the final third.

Will Rowett get a warm welcome? I doubt he’ll care either way, our 3k away fans will no doubt be in fine voice just like they were at Old Trafford and I really do believe that this loud support is appreciated by the players and gives them a lift in what has been a very busy Christmas and New Year period.

Lets get back to winning games, putting points on the table and scoring lots more goals!

what’s word on d’street?

You were doing ok until you cracked the nuckles. :mellow:

Not expecting an easy game. Brum play the same system and have very similar players.

hopefully vydra could prove to be the difference

but it could go either way.

Interesting front line. They can all interchange but there isn't an out and out line leader. Thought he might play Jamie Hanson for some young legs in the middle but then again it's a nod to Thorne's recovery 

up the Rams ! 

Archived