If Rowett were to leave, who would you like to to replace him?

Sexydadbod

Not necessarily to Stoke but I can see a few more managers being sacked in the bottom half of the premier league. I don't think Rowett is the type of person to abandon ship when he is half way through a project but if he was to tempted away, who would you like to replace him in a hypothetical sense?

Jokanovic from Fulham would be my number 1 target as he doesn't get on with the Fulham owners so he would be quite easy to get. He knows how to get the best out of Vydra so he wouldn't lose a lot particularly in that sense. Martin fans would also be happy as Jokanovic is a big fan of his and he plays good football.

Alternatively, Jaap Stam from Reading or Dean Smith from Brentford would also be good.

Hopefully Rowett stays though(which I think he will.)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sage said:

Completely unnecessary thread.

Mel would be silly not to consider it as a contingency plan in the worst case scenario. Brum fans said Rowett spoke to many clubs behind the owners back which is why he was allegedly sacked there(although I'd take that with a pinch of salt)

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Not necessarily to Stoke but I can see a few more managers being sacked in the bottom half of the premier league. I don't think Rowett is the type of person to abandon ship when he is half way through a project but if he was to tempted away, who would you like to replace him in a hypothetical sense?

Jokanovic from Fulham would be my number 1 target as he doesn't get on with the Fulham owners so he would be quite easy to get. He knows how to get the best out of Vydra so he wouldn't lose a lot particularly in that sense. Martin fans would also be happy as Jokanovic is a big fan of his and he plays good football.

Alternatively, Jaap Stam from Reading or Dean Smith from Brentford would also be good.

Hopefully Rowett stays though(which I think he will).

Got to with you Mc Jojanovic for me closely followed by Dean Smith 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mel would be silly not to consider it as a contingency plan in the worst case scenario. Brum fans said Rowett spoke to many clubs behind the owners back which is why he was allegedly sacked there(although I'd take that with a pinch of salt)

That's probably sour grapes after he was fired. I seem to remember hearing an interview recently from Rowett where he said he was fully dedicated to Birmingham when he was fired. This thread is pointless, Rowett hasn't gone, and most likely will not go.

Mac3

nigel pearson

paul clement

darren wassall

billy

Nigel Clough

chris Powell

craig shakespeare

mark warburton

gary monk

paul lambert

igor stimac

slaven bilic

Simon grayson

There's a glut..............for stoke to pick from

You always knew that SM was a selfish man who didn’t really appreciate what loyalty meant. But GR strikes me as a whole different kettle of fish. I believe he knows what integrity means, looks long-term and will stay with us no matter what.

If he did leave I would be so disappointed in the man. I don’t believe it will happen.

Archived