If Rowett were to leave, who would you like to to replace him?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaz has only been here 5 mins, his son would murder him if he went to stoke. ?

If Mel has a contingency plan I would suggest a double act along the lines of Starsky and Hutch I.e Goddard and Saunders

or Billy D and Sammy Lee aka the Krankies.

I claim the award for the most surreal post on this nonsensical thread.

Not sure what is worse, that Mark Hughes hasn't cleared his desk yet and Derby fans are compiling lists of managers they want to replace Rowett, or that those lists have the names Nigel Clough and Steve McClaren on them.

Quicker Stoke can appoint a manager the better. 

People are deluding thenselves if they think Rowett would stay at Derby over an established Premier League side.

We’re about 6-8 years away from where Stoke are now, where they deem their current position to be terrible.

I’d love the Joka here, his teams play great football. 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

People are deluding thenselves if they think Rowett would stay at Derby over an established Premier League side.

We’re about 6-8 years away from where Stoke are now, where they deem their current position to be terrible.

I’d love the Joka here, his teams play great football. 

Within 4 months we could be promoted and Stoke could be relegated with half their first team squad wanting to join us. Where did you get 6-8 years from? It hasn't taken 6-8 years for Wagner to transform a bunch of no hopers like Huddersfield into a credible side or indeed for the likes of Sunderland and Hull to disintegrate.

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Within 4 months we could be promoted and Stoke could be relegated with half their first team squad wanting to join us. Where did you get 6-8 years from? It hasn't taken 6-8 years for Wagner to transform a bunch of no hopers like Huddersfield into a credible side or indeed for the likes of Sunderland and Hull to disintegrate.

Would Huddersfield deem their season terrible and call for their manager’s head if they were sat in 16th place in the Premier League.

Stoke are miles ahead because they finished 9th three seasons in a row, then 13th was deemed a wobble and 16th disastrious and a sackable offence.

It would take Derby years to get promoted, establish themselves and build a squad up where 16th in the table became a sackable offence.

Most on here would gladly take 17th for the first few years if we managed to go up.

Anything is possible once you are in the Premier League due to the additional revenue. Stoke's previous seasons records are irrelevant. They are a side currently in decline due to an ageing squad and a few poor transfer decisions. I have no doubt that the first season will be difficult for Derby. However Huddersfield and Brighton are doing ok, and Newcastle are coping despite difficult circumstances.

24 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Would Huddersfield deem their season terrible and call for their manager’s head if they were sat in 16th place in the Premier League.

Stoke are miles ahead because they finished 9th three seasons in a row, then 13th was deemed a wobble and 16th disastrious and a sackable offence.

It would take Derby years to get promoted, establish themselves and build a squad up where 16th in the table became a sackable offence.

Most on here would gladly take 17th for the first few years if we managed to go up.

Where Stoke finished in 2016/15/14 is irrelevant, Stoke are currently in the bottom 3, Derby 2nd in the Championship, it's not unthinkable that Derby would be playing in a league above this established Premier League side next year.

Aston Villa have shown how quickly you can go from being that established Premier League side to Championship, at the same time both Brighton and Huddersfield to top 12 Premier League.

3 weeks left of the window to walk in, assess, identify and strengthen the squad and 16 games to survive, avoid having a relegation to your name, possibly losing your job. 

Or finish the job what you are doing with a squad understanding what you want from them, bang in form, promotion on the CV, have a full summer to strengthen and potentially 38 games to see what you are capable of in the Premier League.

It's not delusion to think Rowett would not be interested, it's looking at the bigger picture.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Where Stoke finished in 2016/15/14 is irrelevant, Stoke are currently in the bottom 3, Derby 2nd in the Championship, it's not unthinkable that Derby would be playing in a league above this established Premier League side next year.

Aston Villa have shown how quickly you can go from being that established Premier League side to Championship, at the same time both Brighton and Huddersfield to top 12 Premier League.

3 weeks left of the window to walk in, assess, identify and strengthen the squad and 16 games to survive, avoid having a relegation to your name, possibly losing your job. 

Or finish the job what you are doing with a squad understanding what you want from them, bang in form, promotion on the CV, have a full summer to strengthen and potentially 38 games to see what you are capable of in the Premier League.

It's not delusion to think Rowett would not be interested, it's looking at the bigger picture.

Stoke are one win away from 12th, they have a squad that would take years and millions for derby to build.  Any manager who has any confidence in his ability would probably be looking at a finish in the European positions next year rather than facing a relegation battle.  

Both getting promotion and staying in the league with both squads should be achievable to a capable manager, however I’m not sure why the bigger picture would be staying with Derby.  If losing his job is a fear through failure then you are right no point in moving, as that is not an attribute of a winner or someone who will make it to the top.  If it was staying as he could achieve greater things at Derby, then fair enough, but Id be surprised and disappointed if he wasn’t interested even if it was to strengthen his position here.

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Stoke are one win away from 12th, they have a squad that would take years and millions for derby to build.  Any manager who has any confidence in his ability would probably be looking at a finish in the European positions next year rather than facing a relegation battle.  

Both getting promotion and staying in the league with both squads should be achievable to a capable manager, however I’m not sure why the bigger picture would be staying with Derby.  If losing his job is a fear through failure then you are right no point in moving, as that is not an attribute of a winner or someone who will make it to the top.  If it was staying as he could achieve greater things at Derby, then fair enough, but Id be surprised and disappointed if he wasn’t interested even if it was to strengthen his position here.

Strange really I look at their squad and I think bar 3-4 players who are good the rest are at best average or can’t be bothered types 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Strange really I look at their squad and I think bar 3-4 players who are good the rest are at best average or can’t be bothered types 

If you looked at our squad under Pearson would you have thought the same ?

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

One win from 12th makes it sound easier than what it is, that one win needs to come on a weekend where Brighton, Newcastle, Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton all lose. Theres also the matter of -14 goal difference gap.

I'm also struggling with the vision of Stoke in European place next year, that would need one hell of a summer. Whilst the squad should be capable of much more than it currently is, they are some way of having a squad competing at the top.

3 hours ago, David said:

One win from 12th makes it sound easier than what it is, that one win needs to come on a weekend where Brighton, Newcastle, Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton all lose. Theres also the matter of -14 goal difference gap.

I'm also struggling with the vision of Stoke in European place next year, that would need one hell of a summer. Whilst the squad should be capable of much more than it currently is, they are some way of having a squad competing at the top.

Not sure why you are struggling with either scenario. Everton and Palace have both shown it’s easy to climb the table, and Stoke have been in Europe during their stint in the PL.  I think it was you (apologies if not) who said GR is a good manager, therefore do you not think he can emulate and improve against previous managers ?

Archived