If Rowett were to leave, who would you like to to replace him?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What worries me a little is IF Rowett went with us still in second, would Mel get someone in to carry that on or just appoint Wassall for 5 months.

With managers it's often about place and time - those who have gone up before may struggle to repeat it with bigger budgets and better teams. I wouldn't mind grabbing Koeman is his stock is low enough. Whatever folk may say about Hughes he' s a pretty decent callibre - if he can get us up and 3 straight top 10 finishes I won't be complaining.

All I can see at the moment is if we lose Rowett we need a Keegan type - not necessarily the best manager but someone who can keep players enjoying it rather than turn back into moaners. Ironically if Mac hadn't already had his second stint I think he's exactly the type of manager to come in and keep the run going for 5 months which is all that matters. I like the idea of a temporary boss in that mould and if they look up to it they can keep the job next season.

21 minutes ago, Rample said:

What worries me a little is IF Rowett went with us still in second, would Mel get someone in to carry that on or just appoint Wassall for 5 months.

With managers it's often about place and time - those who have gone up before may struggle to repeat it with bigger budgets and better teams. I wouldn't mind grabbing Koeman is his stock is low enough. Whatever folk may say about Hughes he' s a pretty decent callibre - if he can get us up and 3 straight top 10 finishes I won't be complaining.

All I can see at the moment is if we lose Rowett we need a Keegan type - not necessarily the best manager but someone who can keep players enjoying it rather than turn back into moaners. Ironically if Mac hadn't already had his second stint I think he's exactly the type of manager to come in and keep the run going for 5 months which is all that matters. I like the idea of a temporary boss in that mould and if they look up to it they can keep the job next season.

My thoughts exactly - however wouldn't see Mac even if he hadn't had his second stint, need someone that fits the type of football we play at the minute, keeping the team hard to beat. Personally i would have gone for Karanka if he wasn't with the Gumps

Archived