If Rowett were to leave, who would you like to to replace him?

Sexydadbod

Just looking at a few names of out-of-work managers who are currently available and, I'll be honest, it's pretty grim reading.

Only one that pops out as realistic might be Garry Monk, though the idea of that makes my stomach churn.

Do we have the money available at the moment to take a manager who is currently employed? I'm not sure. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Thats how it starts... there is a thread on stoke fans wanting Rowett (throw away forum comment) give it another week & we’ll have turned into 100% going, why hasnt he denied it & any player poor performance is because they know he’s off ? 

Another week? More like a day.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Slaven Bilic for me. Mind aitor karanka would definately see us up with this squad from this position, just what happens afterward.

Karanka’s turgid even when he’s got enough money to blow the division away!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Jokanovic is pretty much the only name that interests me.

Johnson, Karanka, Clough. I could barf. 

Ahh but you're thinking its Lee Johnson we would go for, not his more experienced dad.

Clough? I'm saying nothing.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just looking at a few names of out-of-work managers who are currently available and, I'll be honest, it's pretty grim reading.

Only one that pops out as realistic might be Garry Monk, though the idea of that makes my stomach churn.

Do we have the money available at the moment to take a manager who is currently employed? I'm not sure. 

Recent quotes from Jokanovic suggest that if the right job came up then he'd be ready to walk. Monk would be awful.

Failing that, I'd like to see us take a risk and look abroad - if Rowett was to go, anyone would be a gamble to take us up so wouldn't mind taking a plump 

Having said that,Rowett is staying. Relax everyone! I appreciate panicking is what makes us Derby fans but we can't do this everytime a vacancy opens up when we are doing well!

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Karanka’s turgid even when he’s got enough money to blow the division away!

Some of the ugliest football I've ever seen, all performed by some of the best players in the league. His Boro side in the Championship was grim.

Surely the most Derby thing ever would be to replace Rowett with this guy :lol:

7 minutes ago, KBB said:

Gary Johnson is doing well at Cheltenham in league two. Sure its not too big of a step up for him though?

I meant his son Lee. Jovanovic at Fulham seems to be talking himself out his current role and has a good record at getting clubs promoted.

Would Martin O'Neil come here (if Gary left, obviously)? 

Managed midlands clubs before. Might fancy one last crack at the Premier League with high-flying Derby...

Also, weird bit of info I know, but I know for a fact that he was very good friends with Grahame Richards and Ian Hall. 

Archived