Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

11 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

If Wolves bottle it that’s going to be a clanger bigger than any Derby could even dream of 

I did highlight their fall from grace the other day. 

Wolves now only 3pts ahead of 2nd place.

Bristol City now outside the top 6.

We're not the only side that's been struggling to put points on the table since the turn of the year. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I'd say this, but Millwall can now be included in the race for the play-offs.

Just 6 points behind ourselves and Boro after winning 7, drawing 4 and losing just once this year.

Would still be shocked if they do make it, but they've done well to be in contention after being one of the favourites to go down.

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 07:25, David said:

I did highlight their fall from grace the other day. 

Wolves now only 3pts ahead of 2nd place.

Bristol City now outside the top 6.

We're not the only side that's been struggling to put points on the table since the turn of the year. 

Wolves 2 - 0 Reading

PistoldPete2

How exactly can Cardiff be seven points clear in 2nd place? Well maybe I will see for myself on Sunday, but I thought they were ****.

Cardiff know how to win when not playing well, something we struggle to do. Warnock just knows how to get teams out of this division, also knows how to keep them in the the division as well.  Very good manager but I hope we turn them over on Sunday. 

Did anybody actually watch them tonight?

Not speaking for the whole season but they were class this evening, it could have easily been 3-8 if both teams had their shooting boots on. They play like us but with a bit more intent and quality in the final third. What a test Sunday will be compared to Forest's powder puff attack a few days ago. 

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Cardiff winning again... since they lost 4 in a row they've gone 8 wins + 2 draws in the last 10 and this would be a 7th straight win ????

They and Fulham strengthened in January we didn’t in fact I think we got worse.

big defeat for villa and it’s now Cardiff for second place so can they muck it up

Well, it could have been worse, wins for Bristol C and Preston, the Blades and Boro held. It’s getting a bit tight now, a win tomorrow (please) as well as being a shot in the arm, will give us that bit of breathing space that could ease some pressure going into our next game. 

58 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Clinging onto top 6 place at the moment. Looks like we will be chased down by the pack. Hope I'm wrong 

Nobody behind us is playing consistently brilliant imo. We’re always gonna be caught if we carry on this relegation form, we just have to get ourselves together and we’ll make it. Can’t see it needed an obscene figure to hit top 6, but we won’t get anywhere near if we don’t start winning games, simple as.

Well I’d take 4 points from the next 2 games if offered now.

Given the combination of form and injuries, a point tomorrow would get no complaints from me, however, anything less than a win against Sunderland and I’ll be moaning like an old woman. 

Archived