Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if Brentford don’t make the top six, I bet their fans love going to watch them.

They regularly batter the opposition in terms of possession and shots.

Dean Smith has done a decent job there, but it’s their recruitment and philosophy which is so impressive.

They’ve made a net profit since being in the Championship, and still compete despite selling their best players and having one of the lowest wage budgets in the league.

I’d be 100% on board if we went down their route. And considering our size and budget, we could easily hold on to those players and be able to have an even wider scouting range.

E31FC8E7-B8CB-416A-AA63-ED1CC138656D.png

Remember when Bristol seemed almost untouchable ahead of us. It was between them and Cardiff for second, and we were just quite pleased with battling it out for 4th-6th. 

Now look at Bristol. Not really been following their results, but if we’re feeling a bit depressed over our collapse, imagine how they must be feeling. 

47 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Remember when Bristol seemed almost untouchable ahead of us. It was between them and Cardiff for second, and we were just quite pleased with battling it out for 4th-6th. 

Now look at Bristol. Not really been following their results, but if we’re feeling a bit depressed over our collapse, imagine how they must be feeling. 

While Bristol City fans may be disappointed by their collapsed playoff bid, they are very much on an upward curve and with a young squad and lots of potential, they are likely to get better next season as they'll be able to spend this summer.

I think it's totally different for us. It feels like a 'last-chance saloon' for some of our players before the rebuild this summer. We have so many ageing players we need to ship out, failure to go up this season and we have to regroup.

Going back to the Paul Jewell mess, it took us five years to sort that out. I don't think we're anywhere near as bad, but the point remains that we have a bloated wage bill and ageing players earning far more than they should.

If we fail to go up I'd be happy to see the back of Bradley Johnson, Jerome, Butterfield, Forsyth, Olsson, Weimann, Blackman, Anya and one of Thorne or Ledley. How many of those can we realistically get rid of though?

Then you'v got Nuge (33 in May), Baird (36) and Davies (33). Do we give them one more year at the club? I assume we'll try and get Martin out the door too. 

Our team for the 2019-20 campaign hopefully will only feature about five players from our current squad.

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

While Bristol City fans may be disappointed by their collapsed playoff bid, they are very much on an upward curve and with a young squad and lots of potential, they are likely to get better next season as they'll be able to spend this summer.

I think it's totally different for us. It feels like a 'last-chance saloon' for some of our players before the rebuild this summer. We have so many ageing players we need to ship out, failure to go up this season and we have to regroup.

Going back to the Paul Jewell mess, it took us five years to sort that out. I don't think we're anywhere near as bad, but the point remains that we have a bloated wage bill and ageing players earning far more than they should.

If we fail to go up I'd be happy to see the back of Bradley Johnson, Jerome, Butterfield, Forsyth, Olsson, Weimann, Blackman, Anya and one of Thorne or Ledley. How many of those can we realistically get rid of though?

Then you'v got Nuge (33 in May), Baird (36) and Davies (33). Do we give them one more year at the club? I assume we'll try and get Martin out the door too. 

Our team for the 2019-20 campaign hopefully will only feature about five players from our current squad.

I’m so depressed. I really wish we could’ve got promoted with Mac 1. That was a great squad, playing great football, and it’s slowly been taken apart in the proceeding years. I really feel for some of those guys, like Keogh, Forsyth, Martin, Thorne and even ones who have now left, like Russell and Hughes, that now is the time to go, without that dream being realised. 

And you’re not wrong. They do all have to go. Everyone has to go eventually, life is loss, and noes the time.

I really, really hope that all these youngsters out on loan is with a view to build a new team around them in the summer. Start again with a new team we can call our own and really get behind. Rather than the rag tag collection the team has become. 

Or we some how get or act together and go up through the playoffs. Although we would get mullered in the premier league playing how we currently are. Hints of Billy Davies (playing style, not personality) all over this season. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hey we could go after Peter Crouch too, he’s only 37

Interesting games coming up for some of the playoff hopefuls.

Boro’s next four games after Forest are Sheff Utd (A), Bristol City (H), Derby (A) and Millwall (H).

Millwall’s have got Bristol City (H), Sheff Utd (A), Fulham (H) and Boro (A) in four of their next five games.

Loads of key clashes coming up. It’s imperative we beat Bolton next week, do that and we can afford to write the Wolves game off.

97E13541-4516-45D7-9235-0BB7B0FFEDC9.png

What a chance for Leeds to go 1-1 14 seconds later it’s 0-2.  I do not like Leeds I wish to state this....... but their fans are incredible tonight. Massive folllowing in London and non stop. Impressive :ph34r:

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Interesting games coming up for some of the playoff hopefuls.

Boro’s next four games after Forest are Sheff Utd (A), Bristol City (H), Derby (A) and Millwall (H).

Millwall’s have got Bristol City (H), Sheff Utd (A), Fulham (H) and Boro (A) in four of their next five games.

Loads of key clashes coming up. It’s imperative we beat Bolton next week, do that and we can afford to write the Wolves game off.

97E13541-4516-45D7-9235-0BB7B0FFEDC9.png

Your phone is nearly dead, get it on charge! Not good to let it get that low

Some villa fans still think they might make top 2 because Cardiff have tougher games. I think they need to take a look at Fulhams run in and reconsider. I have a feeling Fulham might just sneak top 2 by a couple of points.

12 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Some villa fans still think they might make top 2 because Cardiff have tougher games. I think they need to take a look at Fulhams run in and reconsider. I have a feeling Fulham might just sneak top 2 by a couple of points.

I'd love it if they did. It's mean at least one of villa and Cardiff will miss out (still hopefully villa though)

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd love it if they did. It's mean at least one of villa and Cardiff will miss out (still hopefully villa though)

You seem to hate Villa as much as I do :lol:

I guess you have family (on my Mum's side) who are Villa fans like I do??

Archived