Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Villa go to Fulham next. Win that and their confidence will be sky high.

If there is one conforting thing about Villa’s run, it’s that their last 3 home games have been against Barnsley, Burton and Brum. Did anyone realistically expect them to drop points in these games?

The Sheff Utd win probably bugged me the most because that was daylight robbery. But that’s probably how others felt when we beat Norwich, Leeds or Boro away.

It is a good point. They haven't played anyone of note recently and neither have Fulham. Villa have games against Fulham and Preston away which should test them more than Birmingham did at home. Meanwhile Derby must approach games trying to win as opposed to trying not to lose.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

And there we have it. Steve Bruce has successfully purchased 2nd place.

Aston Villa are no longer our problem.

Now we must shift our focus to Neil Warnock, Tony Pulis and Slobodan Milosevic. 

No panini sticker book for me next season :(

Hope you're joking here. Villa are 1 measly point ahead. Good form always comes to an end, guarantee they go through a bad patch between now and the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

And there we have it. Steve Bruce has successfully purchased 2nd place.

Aston Villa are no longer our problem.

Now we must shift our focus to Neil Warnock, Tony Pulis and Slobodan Milosevic. 

No panini sticker book for me next season :(

Panini will be panicking if villa go up, imagine the size the stickers will need to be to show bruces head?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Panini will be panicking if villa go up, imagine the size the stickers will need to be to show bruces head?

That's a good point! They'll only need a quarter page for Derby if Gary keeps trimming. They'll need 4 pages for Villa's squad and a pull out for big fat Bruce!

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Hope you're joking here. Villa are 1 measly point ahead. Good form always comes to an end, guarantee they go through a bad patch between now and the end of the season.

Villa should be walking this league with their squad and wage bill. They are under massive pressure to get promoted this season as failure will lead to financial meltdown and a mass exodus of the bunch of mercenaries they have signed up on big contracts.  

There are no easy games, apart from Forest  :ph34r: and in some ways Bolton and Hull away look like very difficult fixtures, as does their trip to Fulham which they will lose.

We need to improve on Saturday, but we are now breathing down their neck and that puts the pressure on.

COYR.

Villa's to lose now imo. The only reason we were in the position we were, as pointed out on their forum, was because they had 3/4 of their team injured in the winter months. They're starting to get them back now. They have many match winners in the team whilst we only really have Vydra who can win a game on his own. Grealish is back to his best too which is a danger for the rest of the league.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Villa's to lose now imo. The only reason we were in the position we were, as pointed out on their forum, was because they had 3/4 of their team injured in the winter months. They're starting to get them back now. They have many match winners in the team whilst we only really have Vydra who can win a game on his own. Grealish is back to his best too which is a danger for the rest of the league.

That's the same Forum that was calling for Bruce's head a couple of months ago. If there was a fair weather fan league, Villa would be top by 30 points. :lol:

14 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

That's the same Forum that was calling for Bruce's head a couple of months ago. If there was a fair weather fan league, Villa would be top by 30 points. :lol:

To be fair there were a fair few of ours on here calling for rowetts head.

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Exaggerating a bit but not joking really. Looking at Villa's squad, they should be top easily. Looking at their form - they may well be come the end of the season.

I hope I'm wrong but i reckon by the time we go to Villa Park it'll be well out of our hands. And that's not getting at Derby - we're doing amazingly well. But being unbeatable might not be enough this season.

24 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Exaggerating a bit but not joking really. Looking at Villa's squad, they should be top easily. Looking at their form - they may well be come the end of the season.

I hope I'm wrong but i reckon by the time we go to Villa Park it'll be well out of our hands. And that's not getting at Derby - we're doing amazingly well. But being unbeatable might not be enough this season.

Top has to be an exaggeration. Wolves are home and hosed top, Villa are in good form, they'll lose plenty of games between now and the end of the season! After all, Derby beat Villa quite comfortably already this season, I think we can do it.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Top has to be an exaggeration. Wolves are home and hosed top, Villa are in good form, they'll lose plenty of games between now and the end of the season! After all, Derby beat Villa quite comfortably already this season, I think we can do it.

'Plenty' sounds like an exaggeration! Hope you're right though - I'll be delighted to be wrong :)

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

If I was Rowett I’d be using the wages that most of Villas guys are getting as a carrot to get the team into the promised land.

They have parachute payments, we have Mel.

Come on lads! Get yourself there!

Bruce knows his onions but but I hope we have shallot more to come.

Archived