Ipswich Town F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

9 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

We seem to be playing your team an awful lot just lately.    Yes it's only twice a season but just seems more often.

In any event I couldn't even predict what will occur in this one.   We're so inconsistent you never what will happen from one week to the next.    Occasionally we're a very cohesive unit that can match any team in this league, more often than not (however) we're between indifferent and poor.    If you saw us with Queens Park Rangers just recent you would realize what I'm trying to emphasize so can only hope we finish the year with a victory.   McCarthy is the epitome of safety first defense minded banality, so maybe for once the gray haired relic can rise above it and provide us with a rare opportunity for some enterprising play in this event.

Should be some goals in it, would hope for more for ourselves by way of that obviously. 

Here have some goals, it is the time of the year to be generous, you can have 2 goals and in return, obviously you can give us 6!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramit said:

This post should be made into a poster and hung in the dressing room. 

Spot on my man

Lovely of you to say, but I recall my brother writing to Roy McFarland before the Leicester playoff final, and then Roy quoting him in the DET, saying he was going to use this letter he'd received as the basis for his teamtalk. Didn't go so well!

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lovely of you to say, but I recall my brother writing to Roy McFarland before the Leicester playoff final, and then Roy quoting him in the DET, saying he was going to use this letter he'd received as the basis for his teamtalk. Didn't go so well!

If there's any blood running through the player's veins, this will fire them up.  On the wall i say

21 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Are you in trouble son?

Big time, not that I've done anything wrong. Apparently putting Derby County at the top of my priority list (below studying) is stupid. They can **** themselves. Considered saying "**** it" and going anyway but they said my "life would be hell" if I did.

9 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Big time, not that I've done anything wrong. Apparently putting Derby County at the top of my priority list (below studying) is stupid. They can **** themselves. Considered saying "**** it" and going anyway but they said my "life would be hell" if I did.

You need new parents.

9 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Do you want me to put them straight. Obviously my priorities will see you at a lot of games but you may not have a very well paid job. 

This is from Arthur Cox's Blue and White army 88/89. Qualifications 2 × C & 1 × D.

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

0800 1111

(Child Line)

10 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Don't they know it's the Christmas holidays? 

Well, we've just arrived, it's a horrible drive, seems to take forever.

Will give the lads a cheer for all those that can't make it. 

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

How dare they think about your future!

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Automatic promotion is about the relentless winning of games, where any team below the top two on a run of form gets demoralized when they see they've taken 13 points from 15 yet haven't made any ground up. Cardiff have stumbled. We need to win and then win on Monday and then win again and not show the slightest sign of weakness.

If we start saying, we're happy with draw then in two or three games' time, Leeds or someone else will be above us, or Bristol City will have created a gap. We have put ourselves in the position where we are contenders and with that comes pressure in every single match. We potentially have 22 cup finals to the end of the season. We can rise to the challenge this time and start to stride away from the rest of the division, or we can accept we're not quite there yet and be a team hoping for the one in four chance that the playoffs provide. As we have in all our recent seasons.

Now is the time we'll really see what our players are made of and if there's enough steel and know-how in this new lineup. And it is the time when Rowett will be properly tested. As I said earlier in the thread, we need to rotate the squad today and turn our huge numbers into a strength with which to smite the opposition. As long as the whole squad is pulling together, fresh legs today and on Monday should give us a huge advantage over Ipswich and then Sheffield United.

Come on you Rams!

Bravo! Mon amigo... That reminds me of the closing paragraphs of George Orwell's The Lion and the Unicorn!

... Which I can recommend as a read for all good Englishmen.

COYR!

Archived