Ipswich Town F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face some facts that should make us feel positive.

We've not let a goal in home or away since last time we played Ipswich. I doubt we can say that about any other team in a league game since the 50's or 60's when Christmas fixtures involved playing the same team home and away in consecutive games

We've not lost away since mid September.

We've won the last 3 games at Portman Morgue without conceding.

As I live there, I'll be in the usual away fans pub from 10am and will continue celebrating long into the night with my fellow Suffolk-based Rams fans before taxiing home at midnight.

See you there.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

This Saturday 3pm, their place.

After a good first half last game, the second half seemed to lack attacking effort.

So after a decent match thread last game, this one lacks effort too.

what’s the word on d’street?

In a rush? Get a call from HQ?

:lol:

50 minutes ago, admira said:

Let's face some facts that should make us feel positive.

We've not let a goal in home or away since last time we played Ipswich. I doubt we can say that about any other team in a league game since the 50's or 60's when Christmas fixtures involved playing the same team home and away in consecutive games

We've not lost away since mid September.

We've won the last 3 games at Portman Morgue without conceding.

As I live there, I'll be in the usual away fans pub from 10am and will continue celebrating long into the night with my fellow Suffolk-based Rams fans before taxiing home at midnight.

See you there.

What’s the name of the away pub please? Be arriving bout midday 

50 minutes ago, Doodle said:

50 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think it's called the station, or something like that, opposite the station, cross the road and it's straight in front of you, went there about 5 years ago, when Nigel was manager and we was was all over them, but lost 1-0, taking a decent following on Saturday, only 165 tickets left, so should be a good turn out, hope we win for all you Rams fans making that long journey away, hats off to you all.

7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Hope we've learned how to defend Waghorns in swinging corners concede on his first at P/park and nearly on his next We need to get somebody 10yds from him to knacker his trajectory or I smell trouble again 

Let’s do what Man City do and don’t give any away 

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

This Saturday 3pm, their place.

After a good first half last game, the second half seemed to lack attacking effort.

So after a decent match thread last game, this one lacks effort too.

what’s the word on d’street?

Good intro. 

I feel the professional one you came up with last match heaped the pressure on the boys, and they buckled.

This one is much more becoming.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I think it's called the station, or something like that, opposite the station, cross the road and it's straight in front of you, went there about 5 years ago, when Nigel was manager and we was was all over them, but lost 1-0, taking a decent following on Saturday, only 165 tickets left, so should be a good turn out, hope we win for all you Rams fans making that long journey away, hats off to you all.

I've been there a few times. Long drive, just like the Norwich journey. Feels like you deserve a point minimum, just for making the long trek. 

3 hours ago, europia said:

I've been there a few times. Long drive, just like the Norwich journey. Feels like you deserve a point minimum, just for making the long trek. 

It is a long drive. I’ve a Rams ST and it’s a six hour round trip. Mind you, Saturday I went by train and it was a 12 hour round trip thanks to the incompetence of our railway network. Got in just after midnight.  

Only time I been to Ipswich was in the Billy Davies season when we went there towards end of season still looking for automatic and lost. Think keeper got sent off?

What I do remember though is a guy in the home fans near us make a big point of wearing a Forest shirt and thinking he was great. He started getting 'you fat bstard' chanted at him, followed by something like 'you're gonna have a fking heart attack'. His lady next to him started to get distressed at this point and I think he complained to stewards, who forced him to move as he was causing trouble.

More than made up for losing, and we won the playoffs anyway. We then were diabolical in the Prem and it took us years to recover financially. Some of our fans are so scared of going up again that they moan if we win by less than 3 goals and don't play like a mythical Brazil team.

6 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Think we need to set up different slightly for this one Mick McCarthy  always seem to  suss us out don't know how  exactly but I'm sure Gary will have a plan :unsure:

Only in Derby. Derbys record at portman road isnt so bad.

I heard the other day that Ipswich and Mick McCarthys record at Derby is so good, that the last time a derby side beat a Mick Mccarthy side in derby, it was at the baseball ground! I think the play off semi in 1994.

Archived