Ipswich Town F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I think it's called the station, or something like that, opposite the station, cross the road and it's straight in front of you, went there about 5 years ago, when Nigel was manager and we was was all over them, but lost 1-0, taking a decent following on Saturday, only 165 tickets left, so should be a good turn out, hope we win for all you Rams fans making that long journey away, hats off to you all.

That’s the one. It's had a lot of money spent on it recently so is now a decent place to drink 

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

Stick the cruise control on 70mph there are a few speed cameras on the A14.

Chance would be a fine thing. Its full of road works near Cambridge.

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Only time I been to Ipswich was in the Billy Davies season when we went there towards end of season still looking for automatic and lost. Think keeper got sent off?

What I do remember though is a guy in the home fans near us make a big point of wearing a Forest shirt and thinking he was great. He started getting 'you fat bstard' chanted at him, followed by something like 'you're gonna have a fking heart attack'. His lady next to him started to get distressed at this point and I think he complained to stewards, who forced him to move as he was causing trouble.

More than made up for losing, and we won the playoffs anyway. We then were diabolical in the Prem and it took us years to recover financially. Some of our fans are so scared of going up again that they moan if we win by less than 3 goals and don't play like a mythical Brazil team.

I have the same memory. Remember that moment all too well. I think the stewards advised him and his missus to leave the ground 5 mins early to avoid any unwanted attention from us away fans. 

This is an interesting one for me as the promotion pressure is building and we looked off it at Hull with the feeling a loss is in the post for us , does rowett freshen the team up and if so can any changes come in seamlessly and grab their place ? A win would be massive ,a draw keeps us ticking and a loss raises the spectre of derby past with jan /feb coming up and rowett ability to break the habit

15 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What I do remember though is a guy in the home fans near us make a big point of wearing a Forest shirt and thinking he was great. He started getting 'you fat bstard' chanted at him, followed by something like 'you're gonna have a fking heart attack'. His lady next to him started to get distressed at this point and I think he complained to stewards, who forced him to move as he was causing trouble.

He was in fact an actual Forest fan the lady next to him was his sister. They had to leave early as they were going home to make love. :thumbsup:

Dear Gary....

Tomorrow we play against " Irish " Mick. We've played games against Micks teams a lot down the years. Millwall, Sunderland, Wolves, Ipswich. So we know what we are talking about. It will be orrible... We promise you, ORRIBLE. He never plays any other way, same every team, every time. It will be lots of filling our area with big lads with big elbows, big shins, big bums, big ears and big heads. The ball will be lumped up to these big lads at every opportunity and they will run around our penalty area trying to cause panic. Mick has got his players doing this down to a fine art form. And against Derby it nearly always works. 

Soooo Gary. Please don't bother with normal training this week. Have our lads look at Micks team on dvd or what ever it is you use these days. Have Keogh and Curtis watch it 100 times if needs be. Make them take a " Mick highlights" copy home to watch before bedtime. We know what is coming... As long serving Derby fans we are sick to the back teeth of what is coming...we are fed up of losing to Micks Mcbadmanners ( joke for the 1970s followers). 

Also Gary...Mick will harangue the poor ref into at least giving him 2 decisions. Leg him up on his way to the ref if needs be. You must have played against him a few times. He probably tried to kick you, so you know what he is like. We have really enjoyed having you as Derby manager so far. It's been a revelation and very ace. Please don't spoil it by losing to Mick twice in two months. We couldn't stand that..

Good luck tomorrow Gary. We will be praying for you. 

P.S. Get the kitman to pack lots of liniment oil. 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies   Olsson

Thorne   Ledley

Russell         Martin         Lawrence

Winnall

That would be my team with consideration that we have an important game a few days later. Very important to bring in fresh legs. I would fit Vydra in but Martin and Winnall look like they have a good understanding and both will be desperate to play and prove a point.

Carson

Forsyth Davies Keogh Baird

Ledley Huddlestone

Lawerence     Vydra   Russell

Martin 

Can see logic in Martin starting to be honest this time...... but I really don’t get why change the back 4 myself.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies   Olsson

Thorne   Ledley

Russell         Martin         Lawrence

Winnall

That would be my team with consideration that we have an important game a few days later. Very important to bring in fresh legs. I would fit Vydra in but Martin and Winnall look like they have a good understanding and both will be desperate to play and prove a point.

I actually think that’s gonna be the team but you have to think that only a fool would leave Vydra out. Ipswich are praying we don’t start him. 

Archived