Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

5 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I and 95% of this forum were happy to let Weimann go to Wolves in the summer before it fell apart. Gary (judging by his comments) was pretty happy to let him go too.

I take my hat off to him. Not really in the team until recently, but has grabbed his chance with both hands. 

Big game for him. I’m sure he will want to prove a point! 

He (Rowett) has certainly got us looking like a focused organised team who play for each other which has also inflated the value of some of them as well so that is all positive 

the only problems I see are some ongoing contract negotiations or new recruits mucking everything up

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, David said:

Bristol City v Forest the same day, what's the chances of Forest doing us a favour if we can hit Bruce for 3pts and go 3rd?

Quietly confident although would be willing to take a point right now and move on to Millwall. Should be a decent game and a day to be clinical.

Weimann on form, up against his old club should be interesting, love to see him bag another.....or should I say the winner.

All eyes on Lawrence this week, hopefully nothing serious that a bit of ice, whiskey and rest won't fix.

You know I always want the Gumps to be at the wrong end of a thrashing no matter how bad that is for us :blink:

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

This will be incredibly tough. Hard to predict, we just have to play our game and hope we’re the better team. One thing for sure though is we need to be able to play out the back better than we did at Barnsley, give the ball away as often as we did cheaply there and we will be punished. Forsyth and ledley I’m looking at you, don’t create more work than we need to- allow them to put us under pressure and they will score.

Totally agree @Millenniumram. Could go anyway, they have a lot of quality, lets hope they attack, we don’t concede the 1st goal and we win 1-0 will do but draw would not be bad COYR

On 10 December 2017 at 08:07, Boycie said:

16th Dec 2017 

Pride Park 15.00

No frills, we need to beat these, they won’t come here to defend for their lives I wouldn’t imagine and do a Burton so we ought to be able to play some good stuff.

Prince William is a Villa fan, so let’s beat them and show him who’s King of the Midlands.

Will we be drinking claret on full time or have the blues?

what do yo guys think?

Isn't David Cameron also a Villa fan? Or is it any team in Claret n blue? 

25 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

You know I always want the Gumps to be at the wrong end of a thrashing no matter how bad that is for us :blink:

I would usually agree but 3rd, THIRD! They will win a few more over the rest of the season, why not one to help give us a little shove up the table.

Come in you reds! :ph34r:

Just now, Shuff264 said:

Not too hopeful for this, we've only picked up 1pt versus the rest of the top 6. Draw would be good. 

If you're taking the top 6 as it is now that would be true but Leeds were top 6 when we beat them as were Norwich.

20 hours ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Can see the next two being possible slip ups. I’d take 3 points from either of the next two considering millwalls form. 

Agree on this Millwall just taken 4 points of SheffU and Villa should have been 6 by the reports two very tough games 

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Isn't David Cameron also a Villa fan? Or is it any team in Claret n blue? 

Don't think either him or Wills are Villa ST holders, so they may have to sneak in amongst the home fans.  Cameron should be easy to spot as he'll be the only fan wearing a West Ham scarf.

Carson
Baird Keogh Davies Forsyth
     Huddlestone Ledley
Weimann  Vydra    Johnson
                 Martin

Mitchell, Wisdom, Thorne, Johnson, Russell, Nugent, Winnall

Having Johnson on the left will help Forsyth deal with Adomah. 

It will be a tough game but I think we can come out on top.

11 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
     Huddlestone Ledley
                 Martin

Do we have 2 Johnsons?

23 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
     Huddlestone Ledley
                 Martin

12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Do we have 2 Johnsons?

The player so good I named him twice. 

...well spotted, I meant Thomas.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:01, David said:

Bristol City v Forest the same day, what's the chances of Forest doing us a favour if we can hit Bruce for 3pts and go 3rd?

Quietly confident although would be willing to take a point right now and move on to Millwall. Should be a decent game and a day to be clinical.

Weimann on form, up against his old club should be interesting, love to see him bag another.....or should I say the winner.

All eyes on Lawrence this week, hopefully nothing serious that a bit of ice, whiskey and rest won't fix.

I think he was shaken but not stirred. 

Archived