Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Kernow said:

Excited for this one. Six and a half hour train journey up on the Friday, heading back home on the Sunday. Hopefully Villa come at us which will allow us to counter. Quietly confident that we can get the three points, then there really will be some excitement building up...

Time flies by when you're the driver of a train and you ride on the foot-plate ...there...and back...again...under bridges...over bridges...to our destination...

4 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at a Sat 3PM kick off...but how has this not been selected for TV??

Fair comment, although, as you say, means less disruption for us fans

Got to admit I'm quite liking how little coverage we are getting. Like the idea that we are a bit under the radar, let the other clubs get the tv coverage and the pressure that goes with being fancied teams.

Maybe just a blip but Sheff U have found it a little harder being at the top being shot at than when they were making their way up there.

For me this is a bit of a pivotal game ,for all of our perceived or otherwise lack of style our GD is on par with the other teams around us except Wolves .We have stuttered a bit at home but our away form is excellent ,if GR can find a game plan to beat Villa I do believe this would be a line in the sand and on we go .

A defeat and the question marks would remain for a while, although I am pleasantly surprised at our league position with the present availability of midfield players at the club.This is the only area we are light in and if George was fully fit we would be so much better off.

@Boycieis our leader, though I was out with Wills the other night and he didn't mention the Villa once! Shocked by how many on here would take a draw. We're at home to a team below us, and we have a chance to push on and grab Cardiff's coat tails and haul them back.

These are the season-defining games that separate the wheat from the chaff. These are the games that show who are going to be the contenders by the time we reach March and April. These are the games where in previous seasons we have been found wanting, but where this time we draw a line in the sand and say, "No more".

Gary showed last time around he was prepared to change a winning team. I hope that leaves the door open for George Thorne to return, perhaps alongside big Tom, the two of them together able to unpick Villa's defence. No Tom Lawrence on the wing presumably, so Johnny Russell is likely to come back in. Chrissy Martin hasn't scored, but I'd keep him in one game more, though Nuge must be champing at the bit.

Let's prove our promotion credentials and overpower them from the off. COYR!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

@Boycieis our leader, though I was out with Wills the other night and he didn't mention the Villa once! Shocked by how many on here would take a draw. We're at home to a team below us, and we have a chance to push on and grab Cardiff's coat tails and haul them back.

These are the season-defining games that separate the wheat from the chaff. These are the games that show who are going to be the contenders by the time we reach March and April. These are the games where in previous seasons we have been found wanting, but where this time we draw a line in the sand and say, "No more".

Gary showed last time around he was prepared to change a winning team. I hope that leaves the door open for George Thorne to return, perhaps alongside big Tom, the two of them together able to unpick Villa's defence. No Tom Lawrence on the wing presumably, so Johnny Russell is likely to come back in. Chrissy Martin hasn't scored, but I'd keep him in one game more, though Nuge must be champing at the bit.

Let's prove our promotion credentials and overpower them from the off. COYR!

You always was my favourite.

x

Archived