Derby County v Burton Albion match thread

Boycie

Just now, Gazbrewer said:

Brewers fan in peace. Last year the timing of both games worked well for us, on both games you had been on a bad run and we were full of confidence. This year, imho we have a better team, however our confidence is shot to pieces, and we're not getting any luck. It started off badly when our record half million pound striker (that is a huge amount for us- Scottish premier leagues top scorer last season) gets injured in pre-season and now we have nothing up top. A lot of the younger fans have never really seen us lose much - we haven't really lost a great deal in 10 years+, but the 2nd season in the Championship is getting hard. We've lost the last 6 games at home, and the home atmosphere is now bearing down pressure on the players for the first time in a very long time.

For me personally, it has been a great ride, and whilst I'm not counting us out yet, there is a very high probability this will be the last visit to Pride Park for us in the league for a very long time. Even if we did bounce back, with Rowett in charge, and if you stay patient (!?), there is no doubt you will be in the Premier before long. So tomorrow I'm just going to enjoy it, whatever the result.

It's the championship. Expect the unexpected. Play with heart and energy and I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to run round and through our doddering midfield :lol:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What media does he actually 'face' at these things?

How many chairs do they put out?

Depends on the opponents, form, if it is on TV. I guess it will range from Steve Nicholson, Ed Dawes and Natalie at East Midlands today to those plus Rob Dorsett at Sky, a few other national journalist from various outlets.

Forest on Sky will have far more journalists than Ipswich on Tuesday, with Burton somewhere in between. The number of chairs depends on the reporters that have requested to visit. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Depends on the opponents, form, if it is on TV. I guess it will range from Steve Nicholson, Ed Dawes and Natalie at East Midlands today to those plus Rob Dorsett at Sky, a few other national journalist from various outlets.

Forest on Sky will have far more journalists than Ipswich on Tuesday, with Burton somewhere in between. The number of chairs depends on the reporters that have requested to visit. 

That was a more comprehensive answer than I was expecting. I feel thoroughly disarmed.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It's the championship. Expect the unexpected. Play with heart and energy and I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to run round and through our doddering midfield :lol:

If you’re expecting the unexpected. Then surely it’s not unexpected but actually expected. 

On 29/11/2017 at 19:26, ronnieronalde said:

Give over. It was clearly a joke after what's been said over the last few days.

Oh and by the way why does telling the truth annoy so many people?

:-)

We know Burton is a small club but it's the way Clough reminds everyone week after week,   " poor little old Burton " . It's wearing thin and ready made excuse as it is, does it still motivate the Burton players? 

35 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

its the big local derby game....hope you are all excited.

Excited about drinking ale for a few days, if Sat goes well then it tastes all the sweeter, if not then I’ll just sup it all the same but moan a little bit more to the Man C and Man U fans who frankly won’t give a toss about what I think :blink:

I'm a big fan of rotation to keep things fresh but I can't see Rowett making changes. My team would be:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh Davies   Olsson

Huddlestone Thorne

Weimann       Vydra       Lawrence    

Martin

Fozzy looks tired and Olsson provides a better offensive threat. No need for Ledley in this game as Burton will sit deep. Thorne and Huddlestone are better technically and we need more creativity. Weimann is in decent form and Russell has done nothing to earn his spot. Martin in for Nugent who looks very tired. 

Archived