• Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Should be hammering these...

Carson 

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Lowe

Ledley

Russell   Vydra    Lawrence   Wiemann

Martin

Ledley the only midfielder, don't think so....

22 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Baird

Ledley

Thorne Thomas 

Lawrence Vydra Russell 

So back to putting Vydra as the number 9, a position he failed at previously when he has been setting the world on fire as a number 10? Bizarre to say the least.....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So back to putting Vydra as the number 9, a position he failed at previously when he has been setting the world on fire as a number 10? Bizarre to say the least.....

Then how about a 3-5-1-1

Carson 

Keogh Davies Baird 

Ledley Thorne 

lawrence Thomas Russell 

Vydra

Nugent 

Do we really need 4 defenders v Burton at home ? Even our current preferred formation seems too defensive 

I'd like to see Vydra and Martin together again from the start. They showed some signs of linking up well last game. I think Thorne should be given a chance from the start too with swapping him in for Huddlestone even it he only lasts for an hour or so.

I'd keep the same back 4 again. Forsyth didn't have a great game last night but I don't think that dropping him would do him any good.

22 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

I'd like to see Vydra and Martin together again from the start. They showed some signs of linking up well last game. I think Thorne should be given a chance from the start too with swapping him in for Huddlestone even it he only lasts for an hour or so.

I'd keep the same back 4 again. Forsyth didn't have a great game last night but I don't think that dropping him would do him any good.

Agreed...my only concern is playing another game so quickly for forsyth...he's returning to full fitness still perhaps either sub him off at half time or bring him on then.

As regards Nugent,he also needs a rest and I'd use him as an impact sub late in the game if we need him...mind you,we might have bent back for that role....a match off might do nuge good.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Why do we need to change big time?? For me weimann was one of our only threats last night, so why and what has Russell done to get back into the team?? I'd bring Thorne and Olson in 

I agree. Weimann has mostly had no end product but last few games he’s clearly gaining more confidence and getting more into the box for some good opportunities/assists. 

43 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Then how about a 3-5-1-1

Carson 

Keogh Davies Baird 

Ledley Thorne 

lawrence Thomas Russell 

Vydra

Nugent 

Do we really need 4 defenders v Burton at home ? Even our current preferred formation seems too defensive 

Thomas is a winger...are you suggesting we play 3 wingers behind the front 2?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thomas is a winger...are you suggesting we play 3 wingers behind the front 2?

Sure He can play winger or attacking centre midfielder ... I like him in the middle cuz he links and he is all over the field ... he’s more of a Bryson than a Russell ... and that’s something we really need on this team - more than a winger 

Against Burton we need to go for the jugular. We know what Burton are going to do, all 11 behind the ball, god help us !!

So for me we need to name a more attack minded team. We are struggling for creative midfielders so Olson and Wisdom both in at full back for me.  Forsyth looked knackered last night and although Beard has done well I'd give them both a rest.

Thorne in for Huddlestone and keep the rest the same, at least to start with, with Nugent back alongside Vydra.

Thomas on the bench.  Come on you Rams lets go for it. 

5 hours ago, Doodle said:

I’m a little concerned that recent match day threads are lacking the effort one would expect with a role of such responsibility. With the prestige and adulation afforded to the tread originator, I don’t think it’s too much to expect a date/ time and venue at the very least. 

You want some?

You do the next one after we lose on a Saturday, you can post the weather forecast if you want, just no naked selfies.

5 hours ago, Doodle said:

I’m a little concerned that recent match day threads are lacking the effort one would expect with a role of such responsibility. With the prestige and adulation afforded to the tread originator, I don’t think it’s too much to expect a date/ time and venue at the very least. 

Standards have dropped since that last bloke did 'em. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Baird

Ledley

Thorne Thomas 

Lawrence Vydra Russell 

Not sure why you would start Thomas in this game? Also Vydra can't play up front on his own so only player that would be able to do that is Chris Martin. 

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I agree. Weimann has mostly had no end product but last few games he’s clearly gaining more confidence and getting more into the box for some good opportunities/assists. 

But bringing him out of the team after 2/3 games isn't going to help at all 

Archived