Derby County v Burton Albion match thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Lets just hope Burton do not score first and shut up shop,do we have the right players to unlock a tight defense

This could be the right game for Thorne to come back in to the side or we could be looking at 3 on the spin at home if they do

They might not score first but my god they will shut up shot 4-5-1 one sure 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Derby 70 million - Burton Albion 6million ;-)

FRGS Mel Morris.

Just getting it in there early :-)

As for the score - 4-0 Derby.

This isn't the game that's going to kick start the Brewers season but it might be the game that kick starts yours.

You sound as boring as Clough my little Burton how are we supposed to compete against all those big boys blah blah blah 

28 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You sound as boring as Clough my little Burton how are we supposed to compete against all those big boys blah blah blah 

Give over. It was clearly a joke after what's been said over the last few days.

Oh and by the way why does telling the truth annoy so many people?

:-)

55 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

25 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Give over. It was clearly a joke after what's been said over the last few days.

Oh and by the way why does telling the truth annoy so many people?

:-)

I have moved these over to the match day thread, please can we leave the prediction thread for predictions only. For @mozza's sake.

The straight long ball isn't working. 

We're not getting much down the flanks.

Therefore......

martin, nugent and vydra please 

short passing in and around the edge of the box to release any one of three.

Brewers fan in peace. Last year the timing of both games worked well for us, on both games you had been on a bad run and we were full of confidence. This year, imho we have a better team, however our confidence is shot to pieces, and we're not getting any luck. It started off badly when our record half million pound striker (that is a huge amount for us- Scottish premier leagues top scorer last season) gets injured in pre-season and now we have nothing up top. A lot of the younger fans have never really seen us lose much - we haven't really lost a great deal in 10 years+, but the 2nd season in the Championship is getting hard. We've lost the last 6 games at home, and the home atmosphere is now bearing down pressure on the players for the first time in a very long time.

For me personally, it has been a great ride, and whilst I'm not counting us out yet, there is a very high probability this will be the last visit to Pride Park for us in the league for a very long time. Even if we did bounce back, with Rowett in charge, and if you stay patient (!?), there is no doubt you will be in the Premier before long. So tomorrow I'm just going to enjoy it, whatever the result.

We need to alter the formation a little and a few players depending on fatigue levels. We have a great system for the away games. Solid back four, two holders and play with speed on the break with the four forward positions. At home, especially with teams who won’t attack us we need to lose one defensive player and have another body in the attacking third. 

Archived