Derby County v Burton Albion match thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

So how come ill be more gutted if we lose this than i would be about losing to nearly everyone else in the league?

I'll only be upset if we don't win because its a game we should do.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2017 at 22:37, Boycie said:

Can we beat Clough this time? 

What do you guys think?

I'm not so sure. NC will inject as much stubborness into Burton Albion as Mick McCarthy did into Ipswich t'other night. They will be like shifting a dead horse with a Sainsbury's carrier bag. Jake Buxton will use every sinew, tissue and fibre in his body to keep the ball out of Albion's box. Every time I try and see his {Buxton's}  face in my mind's eye, I just get a picture of Mel Gibson yet the blue warrior paint is now amber and black. I was born and raised in Burton on Trent and even played at Eton Park {Albion's old ground} a few times so I've a strange lack of dislike for the away team today which no other team anywhere gets from me. 

I see a 0-0. In my worst moments, I see a 0-1. I see us huffing and puffing like fury but the house just doesn't move. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I'm not so sure. NC will inject as much stubborness into Burton Albion as Mick McCarthy did into Ipswich t'other night. They will be like shifting a dead horse with a Sainsbury's carrier bag. Jake Buxton will use every sinew, tissue and fibre in his body to keep the ball out of Albion's box. Every time I try and see his {Buxton's}  face in my mind's eye, I just get a picture of Mel Gibson yet the blue warrior paint is now amber and black. I was born and raised in Burton on Trent and even played at Eton Park {Albion's old ground} a few times so I've a strange lack of dislike for the away team today which no other team anywhere gets from me. 

I see a 0-0. In my worst moments, I see a 0-1. I see us huffing and puffing like fury but the house just doesn't move. 

Have a bit more positivity, Derby to steam roller them 3-0, my glass always half full, yours deffo half empty, anyway how are you enjoying the season so far, Lol?, 6th position, looking better with each game apart from 1st half against Ipswitch, 2 losses in 12, can we ask for much more in Gary's first full season, I know that you will be backing the team and Manager all season, as that's what us supporters do, enjoy the game today.

18 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Hope they serve quicker than usual in the West stand at half time or Christmas will be past; talk about slow and disorganised ? 

Try ordering a "Real Ale" in the fans' park outside. 2 guys tip the barrel whilst Pinky & Perky try and work out how much change to give you from a £20 note. Whilst one of them starts to count out in 10p pieces, the other one gingerly asks "How much change do you expect to receive for this?" with a somewhat quizzical look. Eventually, after a passage of surreal time, you end up with a pint and and £16.80 in 10p and £1 coins. :mellow:

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Have a bit more positivity, Derby to steam roller them 3-0, my glass always half full, yours deffo half empty, anyway how are you enjoying the season so far, Lol?, 6th position, looking better with each game apart from 1st half against Ipswitch, 2 losses in 12, can we ask for much more in Gary's first full season, I know that you will be backing the team and Manager all season, as that's what us supporters do, enjoy the game today.

I do try. Nobody will be happier than me with a 3-0 win today...I did actually enjoy the win at Boro and thought there was pattern to our play versus Ipswich...we all knew it would end 0-1. I don't see too much quality on the pitch though. I hope he picks Thorne today and gives Chris Martin a start because we need his deft touches today. The Albion box will be stuffed with bodies and they will literally risk limbs to scrape a point today. 

On my way, strange again to be going to PP and cheering on the other side, although I got used to that when I was a kid so it's a fairly easy role to slip into.

Just wondering how big the cheer will be IF you boys get your first ever league goal against NC's mighty Brewers. You've been waiting a while for it to be fair ;-)

Wonder if mini NC (Gary Rowett) has enough in his locker to beat his teacher? 

IF you match us for work rate then there really should be no question of you smashing us all over the park, we simply don't have the quality you boys possess, you've got Nugent, Martin and Vydra, we've got Marvin Sordell and Lucas Akins, you've got Ledley, Huddlestone and Bradley Johnson, we've got Matty Palmer and Joe Sbarra.

it really should and could be a walkover, I'm hoping our boys turn up and if they have one of those days where everything goes right, we'll nick it 1-0 and you'll all be wondering how the hell it happened and wanting us relegated for being boring and no doubt playing anti football.

I don't care about the size of the gap, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm boring for mentioning it. Come 3 o clock all of that will b out of the window and it's just 11 v 11. I've got a feeling the 11 who want it more will take the points.

I'll be outside after the game if any of my mates on here want to come and say hello - as long as there's no narkiness alongside that hello of course, I'm a lover no a fighter ;-)

Drop me a quick PM is you're up for an after game pint.

All the best AFTER today, go on lads, let your little cousins from down the road have their day in the sun :-)

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

We need someone in the ref's ear to watch Buxton on corners and his holding. Make the ref aware that is what he does, and hope that he spots it.

Not sure he'll play Rynny.Depends if NC has listened too much to the boo boys, he's been taking a real hammering from the fans (ring any bells?) was dropped (andy garner said rested) for Brentford and Sunderland and the lads who came in did ok.

I'd be gutted and shocked if he's not in the heart of the defence today though. Thus game will mean so much to him he won't want to miss it and I can NC giving him his wish.

Derby may suit him though, if he's up against Nugent or Martin he doesn't really have to worry about pace, just defending.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

On my way, strange again to be going to PP and cheering on the other side, although I got used to that when I was a kid so it's a fairly easy role to slip into.

Just wondering how big the cheer will be IF you boys get your first ever league goal against NC's mighty Brewers. You've been waiting a while for it to be fair ;-)

Wonder if mini NC (Gary Rowett) has enough in his locker to beat his teacher? 

IF you match us for work rate then there really should be no question of you smashing us all over the park, we simply don't have the quality you boys possess, you've got Nugent, Martin and Vydra, we've got Marvin Sordell and Lucas Akins, you've got Ledley, Huddlestone and Bradley Johnson, we've got Matty Palmer and Joe Sbarra.

it really should and could be a walkover, I'm hoping our boys turn up and if they have one of those days where everything goes right, we'll nick it 1-0 and you'll all be wondering how the hell it happened and wanting us relegated for being boring and no doubt playing anti football.

I don't care about the size of the gap, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm boring for mentioning it. Come 3 o clock all of that will b out of the window and it's just 11 v 11. I've got a feeling the 11 who want it more will take the points.

I'll be outside after the game if any of my mates on here want to come and say hello - as long as there's no narkiness alongside that hello of course, I'm a lover no a fighter ;-)

Drop me a quick PM is you're up for an after game pint.

All the best AFTER today, go on lads, let your little cousins from down the road have their day in the sun :-)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Almost ditto, although all my family from Derby, I was born in Burton too, always had a soft spot for the brewers, my kids school there so many mates in the away end.

Feels odd to be playing them in the league but we all badly want a Rams win as too many brewers mates have been giving too much stick to the Rams, when we never felt so inclined. So now I have to come to feeling let's put them in their place, a nice 3-0 would do; yet after Ipswich, we all know they will play similar and be another can we breach a packed defence job.

Surely we have enough quality and I believe we'll win but don't expect that great a game.

42 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I wish Burton well and not sure why some Rams give em stick. There's a long associated history between our teams. Good luck after today and hope you stay up.

I agree, i like them and hope they do well, just dont really see it as a local derby, certainly not like forest

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not sure he'll play Rynny.Depends if NC has listened too much to the boo boys, he's been taking a real hammering from the fans (ring any bells?) was dropped (andy garner said rested) for Brentford and Sunderland and the lads who came in did ok.

I'd be gutted and shocked if he's not in the heart of the defence today though. Thus game will mean so much to him he won't want to miss it and I can NC giving him his wish.

Derby may suit him though, if he's up against Nugent or Martin he doesn't really have to worry about pace, just defending.

One thing of Nigel is that he doesn't listen to the boo boys. I would have expected that today is the game you really want Buxton in. After the 2 late goals against Sunderland I would have thought Nigel would want to mix it up a bit.

I'm not one of these "Jake Buxton Football Messiahs' but certainly recognised his talents. Fabulous passer of the ball, head it, foot on it, passion. At times that passion can be misdirected (usually was against forest), doesn't like having to chase backwards after players, holds on far too much at corners/set plays.

Archived