Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

29 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Blimey, just read this lot and all a bit OTT in my opinion. Great result, without a doubt.. Horrible place to go.

Performance.. Let’s have it right, we were lucky to be winning at half time, we were very much second best all over. Great goal and some good keeping.

Second half was over after the pen. Stupid penalty to give away. The 3rd was well taken despite the keeper error. Played against the 10 men well though. 

Still miles from the finished article.. Enjoy your curry’s and beers.

It is quite entertaining now though to listen to the Holloway’s and monks and whoevers moan and groan about mistakes and bad decisions and key moments etc etc. mcclaren leaves, Rowett comes in, and now the opposing manager looks like a donkey and we look like we get all the luck ... fact of the matter is you’re right, we may not be anywhere near the finished article but .. we grew a big pair of balls 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So you say.......again. Your constant digs at Martin are tedious. If he goes, he goes and I'm ok with that but if you think you know what Rowett is thinking then you are clearly deluded.

I think if we get a £15m offer for Vydra he’d be gone too ... but reality now is you’re deluded if you think he’s gonna fight to keep a non starter or even to think a senior bench player will want to stay if promised a starting role elsewhere 

Whenever we're winning, it's luck. It's like unless the opposition score every effort they have, then we're fortunate to not be losing.

Statistically, even if Boro had scored every shot on target they had, we'd still have beaten them. It would be nice to say that we won a game based on our game plan and the things we did right, rather than the things the opposition did wrong.

Football can be all about confidence, on & off the field. The feel good factor has been missing this season I suggest as a lot of fans don't yet trust the team to deliver. The result today though IF BACKED UP BY THE NEXT TWO HOME GAMES could be massive.

If the Derby train gets in motion with the club & fans united as one we are potentially pretty hard to stop. The arrogance of winning and the arrogance of supporting a winning team will surface, attendances will go up, away followings will increase, the team will respond and onwards we go. All aboard the Derby express!

UTR

I've run out of "reactions" which is a pity because there are a lot of later posts making some excellent points.

as a premier league happy clappy merchant I am feeling pretty cheerful tonight.

The thing that feels right at the moment is that I get a sense the match day squad is developing some real spirit. Wherever we end up this season I am certain we won't have lengthy bad runs. There is a resilience coming to the fore... A bad result or a port half doesn't spell doom and much of this has to be down to GR's man management skills.

anyway .. Well done Rams ... Same again Tuesday please well done Vydra and a special mention for our goalie 

I am thinking if the great Peter Shilton was the cat then Scotty Dog Carson ain't bad either  :ph34r:

Still haven't got over this result! Rowett has done an amazing job off really changing the mentality... Norwich Leeds Fulham boro 10 points out of 12 is unthinkable even more so after the Bristol result! Good on em! Let's keep it up big following at Barnsley! Enjoy your weekends! 

Archived