Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking afternoon, thought we might sneak a win but not by that margin! 

Apart from the game itself, I really enjoyed listening to Radio Tees after the match. It was like Monday night moan-in on speed dial! They think Ayala should never play for them again , want Monk sacked and feel like they've pissed £50 million up the wall.

Then Monk came on and said the 'f' word live on the BBC. Priceless! 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Then Monk came on and said the 'f' word live on the BBC. Priceless! 

That's awful if true and he should be reprimanded. 

There are most likely children listening and he's saying that live on air.

Even my 4 and 7 year old know that it is better to say red dogs or scum rather than use the 'f' word in my house.

Best win of the season, we never win there, but with Mr Rowett in charge anything is possible, really surprised we won, I had us down for a 1-1 draw, so pleased we won, but also pleased that we kept going and ended up beating them easy by 3 goals to 0, and Gary has got Vydra playing out of his skin, but I think Gary gets the best out of all his players knows when to put the arm round them and when to give them a bollocking, also sets us up well, can see he works a lot on shape in training, and also has made us a team to fear on the break, as I have said for many weeks now, the performances will improve and they are, and they will get better, Mr Rowett is starting to remind me, of a certain manager he played under, Mr Jim Smith, started by making us hard to beat and in the end, play teams off the park, we have some excellent attacking players at this club, Vydra,Lawrance,Wiemann,Nugent, Russell,Martin and young Thomas, believe me, the future is bright, the future is black and white. Can not wait till Tuesday night now, thank you Derby for making my weekend, performance and result of the season so far, where are all the negative Rowett posters now.

16 minutes ago, JupiterRam said:

Thorne looked much sharper today and even showed some pace. Wasn't afraid to charge balls down and just seemed more comfortable all round 

Was going to comment this myself, looked physically fitter than I’ve seen him in a long time- not far off his peak physique from the playoff run under Mac imo

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Was going to comment this myself, looked physically fitter than I’ve seen him in a long time- not far off his peak physique from the playoff run under Mac imo

Our fitness coach must be some sort of genius then as only a week or so ago a few posters on here said her was over weight, looked like he couldn't run and looked months away from match fitness.....

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

where are all the negative Rowett posters now.

Not sure if I fit into this category.

Great result today, can't comment on performance as I was not there but from the highlights it looks like Boro missed 3 sitters. 

And let's not forget it's only 4 days since one of the worst 45 minutes for a long time at Pride Park.

Not sure why we have to be one end of the spectrum or the other. Why do Derby have to be automatic promotion contenders or rubbish? Why does GR have to be a genius or be sacked. Players superstars or waste of money?

At the moment we have a club full of good players, who together make an average team who's results are exceeding performances in my opinion. I guess it's a decent manager that creates a formula like that 

There are people that are still not convinced buy will give GR plenty of time to put his stamp on things, to expect them to change their stance on the back of 2 good 45 minutes is a bit silly.

10 minutes ago, KBB said:

Our fitness coach must be some sort of genius then as only a week or so ago a few posters on here said her was over weight, looked like he couldn't run and looked months away from match fitness.....

Complete b******* that was, in no game I’ve seen has Thorne looked cumbersome, but he looked especially up to it today.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure why we have to be one end of the spectrum or the other. Why do Derby have to be automatic promotion contenders or rubbish? Why does GR have to be a genius or be sacked. Players superstars or waste of money?

There’s also the ABSOLUTE AND UNDENIABLE perfect schism between the Rowettees and the Rowexiteers (and you, G Star, fit into the latter by daring to post your doubts in the past). There is no such thing as anyone in between.

Of course, under the rules of the chasm, Rowettees are required by law to post from a selection of the following on the match day chat an hour after the final whilstle:

”I don’t see where certain posters are tonight! Lol!” 

“ROWETT OUT!” (NB: this is posted ironically. This also appears to spark particular amusement in certain circles)

“much quieter on here than we we lose”

Or even 

“I see the negative Rowett posters have crawled back under their rock!”

So would you please crawl back under your rock and respect the curfew.

I’m only allowed out to referee the debate.

2 hours ago, Orphanram said:

I think it’s interesting how Rowett seems to build platforms for a series of results. I think the Cardiff result will prove to be a pivotal game we look back on at the end of the season and the draw at Fulham seems to have set up this mini run.

I would go back further, Brentford away, the stick rowett got after that fixture, building blocks

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And let's not forget it's only 4 days since one of the worst 45 minutes for a long time at Pride Park.

It's a valid point on the polerisation of views on the forum. Anyone who projects doubts in players/management gets hammered after  a derby win/wins and vice verser on supporters of the current system.

I guess it's the way it is and the way it will always be, until of course WHEN we conquer Europe.

COYR!!!!!!

This is peak Rowett, I think we should really, really relish this victory.

Even I, a massive McClarenite, have to say this is just as sweet if not sweeter than a 5-0 demolishing of Wolves or someone similar. I think what I admire most is that it's the sort of away performance that's absolutely soul crushing for all the home fans. There won't be a single Boro fan tonight happy and that makes me extremely happy in a sadistic sense.

Reminds me of the 3-0 win he got at PP with Birmingham when we had Clement in charge. Just frustrated us the entire game, completely shithoused us and pissed off home with three points. Lovely stuff.

Im starting to believe more in him and his plan, particularly away from home. I still think we need another gear and a different type of midfielder but he's got us competing so well this year. Competing being a key word, I was excited about the man management he was going to bring to the club more than anything else and we're starting to see it now. The squad seems very together.

I wasn't quite willing to give him the entire benefit of the doubt because I have Derby manager trust issues. Now I can let him off if we're not that expansive at home and he hasn't brought in the young players I wanted because that's stuff that can come in time. Getting results like this is much harder than doing any of that, this is they stuff that promotion teams tend to have. Think this is the most satisfying away victory since a handful of great wins in 14/15 (Watford, Reading, Ipswich).

Bring on Tuesday, bring on the rest of the Rowett era. 

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'm starting to believe more in him and his plan, particularly away from home. I still think we need another gear and a different type of midfielder but he's got us competing so well this year. Competing being a key word, I was excited about the man management he was going to bring to the club more than anything else and we're starting to see it now. The squad seems very together.

It's made even more impressive given that he's only had one transfer window to try and sort out the mess of the squad he inherited. He had a mixture of players who didn't suit the same style, and although we won games through the quality of the players in the squad, as a unit we were never going to amount to anything because we just didn't fit as a team.

This squad still needs a lot of work. I believe he was almost forced to sell our better players, because those are the only ones that other teams would want. We have the opportunity to create an even more cohesive bunch of players in January, particularly another CM, regardless of Ledley staying or not, and another winger. I'm unsure whether we will have the opportunity to go up this season, but I think whatever happens we'll end it in a pretty good position to go forward with some form of success.

Archived