Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

5 hours ago, Orphanram said:

Somebody mentioned earler about Ledley going to Sunderland and we might do better with a more energetic type like Kiftenbield. One thing I will say for Ledley and very much like Eustace, running around like a whirling dervish in that posistion is not the be all and end all. What I recgonise with players of their ilk is that they just seem to know where to stand and are then able amble to a part of the pitch its neccesary for them to be occuyping. The athleticism of the modern game has many attributes but I think there is still a place for insticntive readers of the game. 

Ledley is like Pirlo with a proper beard.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes now to Ipswich. How many times have they brought us down to earth and dampened our optimism over the years, especially at Pride Park!

Tuesday night will require patience, especially from the fans. Don't be surprised if it's a 0-0 bore fest at half time if we don't score in first 10 mins. However the game is 90 minutes as proved against QPR and yesterday we have quality footballers who, once we have earned the right to play can come through and win us games. This is the championship, that's how you win games. That's what Burnley did and look where they are now.

Everyone wants good football and for Derby to win games. I was a massive McClaren fan and I was absolutely gutted it didn't work out for him second time around and I also questioned his sacking. But I will always back a new manager and since day one I've been impressed with Rowett. He gets it, he's focussed on our weaknesses and improved them. Now we need to be a bit more fluid in attack but last 2 games we're showing signs of better football. We are still a work in progress but the signs are really good.

This guy will get us promoted this season or next, I'm convinced. 

Emphatic win yesterday that I doubt anybody foresaw coming. A draw was the best I thought we'd achieve. Don't underestimate what that should do for the players confidence. Not many teams will go to Boro and come away with the 3pts. It sends out a big statement to our rivals. Let's hope we can channel the positivity of that result into our upcoming fixtures. COYR.

10 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Very true although all these teams suit the rowett "style" as they are all teams that will attack - so sitting deep and breaking is a good plan.

A team that may sit back themselves against us will present a different challenge that Gary will need to figure out. 

Cue Mick McCarthy & the tractor boys. Interesting game awaits...Rowett v McCarthy...mmm. Who will attack? The master bus-Parker versus the Apprentice. 

12 hours ago, Ninos said:

Except he basically emphasized today once again how great Nuge and Vyds are together ... he brought in Winnall ... he’s empahasised the squad will be trimmed and he’s emphasized that it’s no good having senior players idling around and not playing ... so exactly where does he see a bench player fitting in to the plan? He will be gone in Jan if there are any takers ... as will some others including Weimann Russell olsson Shacks Anya Bent and any other non definite starter we get an offer for. 

The Johnny Russell we have started discussing a contract with?

Great result yesterday. Despite our record at Boro I was confident we'd score but also that we'd ship hence my draw prediction. Our defence is working well. Carson seems zoned in. No words required for Vyds; he's top class. What is great to see is the amount of good, if not great chances we are creating under GR. Tom, Andi and Chrissy all had chances to make it 6 - 0. 

Next up The Tractor Boys. Always seem a test for us and I predict a tight game but feel confident we'll see it through for another win as we've now got steel in the side and keep going til the end. I'm starting to like what I see ?

24 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Randolph the red-faced goalie

sliced a ball into the air

another goal for Vydra

how they come he just don't care

All of the Derby faithful

they all shouted out with glee

We never win at Boro

You'll go down in history.

Bravo sir! Christmas number 1 right there!

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Emphatic win yesterday that I doubt anybody foresaw coming. A draw was the best I thought we'd achieve. Don't underestimate what that should do for the players confidence. Not many teams will go to Boro and come away with the 3pts. It sends out a big statement to our rivals. Let's hope we can channel the positivity of that result into our upcoming fixtures. COYR.

I was expecting loss... But TBH Boro is not that good at home.

Middlesbrough   10 5  2  3     11 9  +2    17

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I was expecting loss... But TBH Boro is not that good at home.

Middlesbrough   10 5  2  3     11 9  +2    17

Surprising that. I just assumed that they'd be relatively strong at home. The pressure to bounce back is weighing heavily on them it would seem. Well done to the boys for taking advantage of that.

Archived