Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be unchanged, barring injury.

There's a chance he'll pull Vydra out to stiffen the midfield, but I doubt it as Thorne would be the only realistic option to slot in and I can't see him chucking George in yet.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Carson

Same back 4

Russle  joe ledley geoge thorn under 23

Tom lawance chris martin

I think we need chris martin hold the play and give tom lawance a go up front.

Same team that won Tuesday night, unless of injuries, no point in changing a winning team, Lawrance looking good out wide , and Nugent is bound to score against his old club, and also Vydra is on fire with 9 goals so far, so no way could you drop him, and why change a winning side. So glad Mr Rowett is picking the team on Saturday.

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Carson

Same back 4

Russle  joe ledley geoge thorn under 23

Tom lawance chris martin

I think we need chris martin hold the play and give tom lawance a go up front.

As Les Dennis would say. If that’s up there, I’ll give you the money myself. Weimann MOTM so drop him. vydra top scorer and on fire, you would drop him too? I think barring injury you will get the goalkeeper right 

13 hours ago, David said:

Our record v Boro is awful, they must be our biggest bogey going.

Last 5 games against them 

W0 D1 L4 F1 A7

Last 20 (since 2000)

W3 D4 L13 F18 A36

Ugh. 

My closest colleague is a Middlesbrough fan and I've been talking down our chances for several days. Now I have the stats to back up my argument.

Thanks.

Carson
Baird Keogh Davies Forsyth
         Thorne Ledley
Weimann   Vydra   Lawrence
                 Martin

Keep it fresh in the middle of the park by giving Thorne 60 minutes and seeing how he gets on. 

Ledley and the back 4 are pretty much untouchable. Baird is naturally fit and in good form so he keeps his place for me.

Weimann, Vydra and Lawrence were fantastic together, as was Nuge, but I think Martin will give us a bit more strength up top and will win us some free kicks when we're under pressure.

Nuge can come on later with Russell if they are needed - them coming on mid-way through the second would be a great injection of energy. We have Ipswich next Tuesday as well, so let's keep using the squad!

I think it will be quite a tight game. Assombalonga will score against us because he's a beast and that's what he does.

I'd snap your hand off for a point in this one. 

I'd be very happy with any kind of result from this one. Not a very happy hunting ground up at the Riverside for us, so a point would be good if we can get it.

After this, we have five games before Christmas with four of those at home. The away game sandwiched in the middle is against Barnsley, so we have a very realistic chance of winning five on the bounce which would be a very welcome early Christmas present. We're in a good position in terms of the league standings, so even if we lose this one, it's not the end of the world. Play-offs isn't going to be made or broken based on Boro away.

I've gone for an away win on the prediction thread, but I've never predicted us to lose and don't intend to, but I'm not expecting a lot if I'm perfectly honest.

Not sure about this one, were not exactly pulling up trees and most of our points have come from poor poor sides, so looking forward to this one

Howson has started to pick up the pace last few games , and will be a big miss for Saturday, probably see Clayton take his spot

Going for a 1-1 

11 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Not sure about this one, were not exactly pulling up trees and most of our points have come from poor poor sides, so looking forward to this one

Howson has started to pick up the pace last few games , and will be a big miss for Saturday, probably see Clayton take his spot

Going for a 1-1 

Hate coming up there, 4 or 5 hours in the car to get there.. You lot never give us anything.. Have we even had a shot in the last couple of visits? One of the worst away days of the season.. I bet it's poxy freezing as well.

Can see it now.. 90 mins or boring, nothing. You have 2 shots and score 2 goals. Bamford will get one without doubt !! The traffic will be poo going up and even pooer coming home. I will get in around 11, no dinner, takeaways closed. Pissed off.

See you Saturday :thumbsup:

Archived