Tom Lawrence

Dimmu

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm not sure yet. He's clear got a lot of ability, he works hard and he keeps trying even when things arent coming off for him.

However his decision making needs to improve, as he is wasting quite a number of attacking position by trying to take on too many players, shoot from odd angles or distances or by doing tricks for the sake of it. Hoping that he will grow out of that a bit because I think if he does he will be a very good player.

12 hours ago, Dimmu said:

There's always talk about Keogh and Martin.... So just for the balance, I like to hear other peoples views about our big money signing..

Two assists and no goals yet. Are you happy with return?

I like him, he tries to create and be positive. He is not at the level of Hughes or Ince, but he is good.

He's good - He works hard, looks creative, has a lovely cross on him, takes a great set piece, seems to scare defenders - Bit headless in defence at times but have also seen him make some very good interceptions so it balances out

Plus - Worth remembering that we've paid less for him so far than we paid for Bradley Johnson...

I think he would've thrived in the Mc1 team.

So far he looks ok but maybe it's difficult in the current team to play his best. 

Based on the glimpses I've seen so far, I think that he'll get better and could be a 'proper winger' with pace who can beat a man and cross / score. The new Ince, Cally, Simmo.... :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think he's done ok.

he has a nice balance and is trying to create. 

I can't help thinking that all we really needed to do was....

Martin.    Vydra

.     Lawrence.      Hughes.    Ince 

.                     Lump hammer

decent.     Back.     Keogh.    Four 

.                      Keeper

Ramnut  Should win some matches with that line up usually do with 12 players ?

Only player we have that is willing to take his man on and deliver a half decent ball in to the box.

Keep giving him the ball and he will create chances and score goals.

Hardly been able to show what he can do just yet. Only game where we have looked decent was against Hull and he looked a class above in that game.

Big game for him against Forest back in front of the home fans, got a feeling he's going to be a big game player, doesn't seem like a player that is going to hide like Johnny has for the last 3 years... ha ha  

3 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Only player we have that is willing to take his man on and deliver a half decent ball in to the box.

Keep giving him the ball and he will create chances and score goals.

Hardly been able to show what he can do just yet. Only game where we have looked decent was against Hull and he looked a class above in that game.

Big game for him against Forest back in front of the home fans, got a feeling he's going to be a big game player, doesn't seem like a player that is going to hide like Johnny has for the last 3 years... ha ha  

Russell has had more standout performances this season.

Sure he's willing to take on his man. Then another. And another. And another. And another. And another..etc

19 hours ago, Dimmu said:

There's always talk about Keogh and Martin.... So just for the balance, I like to hear other peoples views about our big money signing..

Two assists and no goals yet. Are you happy with return?

I like him, he tries to create and be positive. He is not at the level of Hughes or Ince, but he is good.

Hmm two assists and no goals. That is not far off the stats for Hughes all last year so yes very pleased

Archived