Tom Lawrence

Dimmu

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he was really frustrating against Cardiff. He always has to go that extra yard because he's only got one thing on his mind, and that's shooting.

He's got a few moves in his locker that he wants to use, that's nice, use them at the right time though mate. Next time, pass to your team mates.

Think him and Chris Martin would link nicely together. 

Not as good as Ince, however the best winger we have and will get better.

It is always going to be difficult to be consistent when you see as little of the ball as we do, but you can see he has the potential to be a good player.  Greedy, probably, as is ronaldo, bale etc....nothing wrong with that as the end product will be there to go with it soon, not always but that's why he was 5 not 50m.

PistoldPete2

We scored from two corners against hull thanks to Lawrence. We haven't had many corners but that's a big plus compared to recent seasons.

he hasn't done enough from open play yet.. Looked a bit lightweight against brum.

really too early to say yet.

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Underwhelmed thus far. Tries to do too much when better options are on. 

However, I get more enjoyment watching him than most of this squad now, because he has something a little different in amongst the slow and plodding midfield.

I agree with those sentiments. What I think is promising though is the talent is there he just needs to curtail the greed and trying too much which I think there is a reasonable chance of happening once he settles in. 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Lawrence is a good player. When it clicks for him he'll be very good imo.

still waiting to see the end product. seen lots of guys like him with skill and pace and look like they re going to cause havoc but just don't have the ability to find a killer pass or find the net themselves.  still early days but starting to wonder

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

still waiting to see the end product. seen lots of guys like him with skill and pace and look like they re going to cause havoc but just don't have the ability to find a killer pass or find the net themselves.  still early days but starting to wonder

Very early days mate.  

Looks a talent to me. 

I've seen posts saying he's greedy and posts doubting his 'end product', but simply put he has not had the same opportunity to impress in the way another player was given, different team, different tactics, different emphasis.

He IS occasionally too greedy, that's a fact, but he does get his head up and is aware of players around him, we just need to play a style that encourages BOTH approaches at different times rather than flip-flopping between one and the other.

Lawrence could, can,  and does put in more dangerous balls for his teammates in 3 matches than another player could put in for his teammates in 3 months, but for some it only seems to count as a positive if it directly results in a goal.

I remember Cyrus Christie coming back from a successful international break and continuing the good form at club level, after having a poor run of form leading up to that break. As with most sports, football is mainly confidence.

Archived