Tom Lawrence

Dimmu

There's always talk about Keogh and Martin.... So just for the balance, I like to hear other peoples views about our big money signing..

Two assists and no goals yet. Are you happy with return?

I like him, he tries to create and be positive. He is not at the level of Hughes or Ince, but he is good.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takes the ball and looks to get on the front foot and run at players. Not one for taking the easy option and passing backwards. 

Could sometimes maybe look up and see if anyone is in a better position and pass, rather than take on too many and run down dead ends. 

Mixed set piece deliveries, some brilliant, some awful. 

He's exciting to watch, I'd love him to play in the same team as Martin for a few games, it would give him a good target for cross balls. 

I think he's done ok.

he has a nice balance and is trying to create. 

I can't help thinking that all we really needed to do was....

Martin.    Vydra

.     Lawrence.      Hughes.    Ince 

.                     Lump hammer

decent.     Back.     Keogh.    Four 

.                      Keeper

He's greedy. Very greedy. So far while on the pitch, he's looked a lot better when being more selfless. His best bits of play against Cardiff came when he was willing to lay the ball off to someone in a better position. Our best move of the first half came when Russell forcibly took the ball off him and drove into the penalty area.

I think he's a lot better played out wide. He'll run into less traffic out there and his crosses (which are very good) will be dangerous. I also like his work rate - he's always willing to track back. I'm confirdent he'll be a success this season.

I like the look of him but I've probably been a little disappointed overall. The one thing you lose when you get rid of a player like Tom Ince is individual brilliance, those one off moments in a game that win it for you. I was expecting Lawrence to serve some of that up but it's been a slow start, I thought he'd hit the ground running but maybe I was naive for thinking that, putting more expectation on him because of the price tag. I'm hopeful he'll turn it on once he's settled in and got a feel for things under GR.

He is a good signing and has the potential to do very well. I like his attitude, his aggression and he shows some skill. That he does make mistakes, like keeping the ball to long sometimes is understandable. He's hardly been playing with a settled side. Along with Wisdom , a positive addition to the team.

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

He's greedy. Very greedy. So far while on the pitch, he's looked a lot better when being more selfless. His best bits of play against Cardiff came when he was willing to lay the ball off to someone in a better position. Our best move of the first half came when Russell forcibly took the ball off him and drove into the penalty area.

I think he's a lot better played out wide. He'll run into less traffic out there and his crosses (which are very good) will be dangerous. I also like his work rate - he's always willing to track back. I'm confirdent he'll be a success this season.

He's clearly been instructed to be greedy, and take on defenders.

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

Early days.

It's clear to see he's got plenty of ability.

A winning goal against the red dogs could be the kick start he needs.

Keogh to bring the ball out......clattering Brereton and Osborne in the process......releases lawrence whilst they're down......the latter drives towards goal and finds the top corner from 20 yards.:lol:

Very Wardy! 

Still settling into the side. Needs time and patience from us.

Those that have been watching him closely will already have seen glimpses of absolute quality. So good on the ball, class from a set pieces and confident in his own ability.

As soon as that first goal comes, we'll start seeing the TL of last season! :)

Archived