Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Wish everyone would calm down. The team is being rebuilt & it's going to take time. It's not a game of Football Manager & it won't be until after 2 more transfer windows that GR can be judged. We aren't going to get promoted this season & we won't get relegated. It'll be exactly the same end result as the last 3 years although finally someone will have made a real fist of the rebuilding that has been long overdue.

Results like today are an inevitable part of the rebuilding process. I wish everyone calling for GR's head would get things into perspective  & lose this sense of over entitlement that seems to have become more widespread since the playoff final. Another change in manager is not the answer & would more than likely  send us plunging towards  the relegaton zone. We need to back the manager, trust his judgement & support the team.

I'd like to agree with you but i can't see much progress or pattern, i'll be honest i'd rather see us  playing the style of football we used to play when Mac took over first time around than this type of football....its not good to watch i'm afraid, as diehard as fans are thats the truth.

Just now, Bessie1 said:

Poor game but some positives...

Lawrence a good signing

Back 4 solid 

however...

Carson's kicking - oh dear 

Martin - oh dear

Carson's kicking has been poor all season. It's not ideal in modern football to play with a keeper with such poor distribution. 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Looks like he's doubting his own decissions which is never a good sign

Sticks with the same team after a 4-1 defeat, fans not happy. Talks about changing it up after 2 without a win, not a good sign.....

Who’d be a manager!

Think we’ll see a 4-4-2 Tuesday, Martin and Winnall up top.

It's going to take time. We're nowhere near a balanced squad. I trust Rowett...needs two more windows. However...

That was absolute dogs hit. Two abysmal Championship bottom half sides earnestly sweating through an afternoon of abject boredom.

I could have gone to Ikea with the missus and had more entertainment. 

Lawrence, by the way, the new Tom Ince and our new messiah and main transfer target all summer, was anonymous. So was Vydra,

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I take it reading these comments that we got hammered about fifteen nil?

No, but we just about scraped a draw playing utterly dull lifeless football against a team that had lost their previous 6 matches, so please forgive those of us who aren't doing cartwheels over the result.

2 minutes ago, needles said:

It's going to take time. We're nowhere near a balanced squad. I trust Rowett...needs two more windows. However...

That was absolute dogs hit. Two abysmal Championship bottom half sides earnestly sweating through an afternoon of abject boredom.

Lawrence, by the way, the new Tom Ince and our new messiah and main transfer target all summer, was anonymous. So was Vydra,

Agree mostly but first half was a crafty and hardworking Vydra with little smarts around him. He was among but a few who looked quality. Id have him behind Winnall - the finisher.

Well that was dire. Can't see much point in playing Martin as he doesn't suit rowetts kick and rush style. Winnall seems to be more a Rowett man . 

4 minutes ago, needles said:

So why on earth do you trust Rowett and his style of football?

Archived