Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think wisdom fozzy and Ledley should all start. Maybe thorne too. Winnall and Bennett are impact players IMO. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think wisdom fozzy and Ledley should all start. Maybe thorne too. Winnall and Bennett are impact players IMO. 

Your just silly. Fozzy not fit. Thorne not fit Ledley not played for 6 months. Wisdom deffo tho. It was crap today but think about your posts before you press the post button 

33 minutes ago, needles said:

I don't think we've seen 'his' team yet.

This argument doesn't really wash for me. He inherited a squad capable of making a top 6 challenges, he's brought in 6 players and moved out 8 (including loans in that ). That's a pretty significant change. 

Plus the big problem I.e. right now is in no small part self inflicted. Rowett correctly identified that we could have use an injection of athleticism in the midfield however his actions have exacerbated a small issue into a massive one by buying Huddlestone and selling off any midfielder who was remotely mobile.

At what do you question is he the right guy to have the opportunity to build 'his team' ? I'm not saying I'd sack him now but far far from convinced he is the right to take us forward.

Pretty rubbish game. Can't really remember any decent chances for either team apart from the goals, apart from Bennett's where I'd have bet my dog on him not scoring. Can't remember the last time I was that bored watching a game of football! Keogh was one of our most attacking players, didn't even notice Weimann, Lawrence tried but didn't do much. 1-1 was probably a fair result for 2 equally poor sides.

16 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

This argument doesn't really wash for me. He inherited a squad capable of making a top 6 challenges, he's brought in 6 players and moved out 8 (including loans in that ). That's a pretty significant change. 

Plus the big problem I.e. right now is in no small part self inflicted. Rowett correctly identified that we could have use an injection of athleticism in the midfield however his actions have exacerbated a small issue into a massive one by buying Huddlestone and selling off any midfielder who was remotely mobile.

At what do you question is he the right guy to have the opportunity to build 'his team' ? I'm not saying I'd sack him now but far far from convinced he is the right to take us forward.

The Keith issue has to be taken into account.

16 minutes ago, needles said:

The Keith issue has to be taken into account.

Sure but a few questions spring to mind.

How much of that situation was Rowetts fault ? On the night of the transfer deadline is very very late to be signing a player who (the type of player of he is) was necessary to sign.

Would kieftenbeld have been enough to offset Huddlestone immobility ? If your playing Huddlestone I'm a two you'd need a Kante-esq player next to him.

Why Kieftenbeld, when Rowett has been quoted that the reason why Birminghams style of play was so 'rustic' was down to the technical quality of the players at his disposal ? 

The game was similar to bristol city in that it was very scrappy.

very little control - in contrast to what GR stated. 

birmingham were there for the taking. Morrison was a bag of nerves at the back. They had a right back at left back. Gallagher was totally isolated up front and didn't look interested. The blues fans gave him a big cheer when he eventually won a header. The little winger on loan from chelsea looked like he might be the match winner for a while. But they offered little.

keogh and davies had it easy such that keogh could become an extra midfielder at times. Huddlestone looked to lack the confidence to spray the passes around. Johnson looked the club-footed fool he becomes at times. Weiman was ineffective. Nugent wandered off. With so few players really offering anything in possession we huffed and puffed to little effect.

Blues used their subs first and got an immediate benefit with the goal. It looked like we were going to lose but Bennett and winnall provided an injection of energy and creativity and we got the equaliser we deserved.

gary seems to have destroyed our midfield and our ability to retain creative possession. I watched david davis to see the other player we were supposedly desperate to sign on deadline day. I'd rather have bryson tbh.

The team looked to have lost any early season bounce. Do they really believe in this system?

three very important games are coming up. Brentford, cardiff and forest.

Forest always seems to come at a critical time.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well he's not really the finished article. Today he showed that when one on one against the keeper. He has the pace FFS all he had to was draw the keeper and put it past him... But he shot from too far out. If he could learn better finishing well he would be quite a good player. 

There is no doubt in my mind that if he played in a free role behind the lead striker, in a season he could get 15. He does need to work on his finishing though. But the club need to stop trying to mould him into something he isn't. He's a Michael Owen type of player. He isn't defensive minded one bit. 

Well that was a poor game of football. Not going to over analyse it we weren't very good neither were they. I'm afraid were on a long road to being good again. We're ok we will have moments of brilliance because we've got some quality players but we also have some s****. I'm in no doubt Rowett is the man to sort this. Won't be quick or easy though. 

Pros from today Vydra , Bennett , Winnall and Keogh 

Cons Carson's (distribution), Johnson and Nugent

Onwards and upwards ?

3 hours ago, David said:

Sticks with the same team after a 4-1 defeat, fans not happy. Talks about changing it up after 2 without a win, not a good sign.....

Who’d be a manager!

Think we’ll see a 4-4-2 Tuesday, Martin and Winnall up top.

Good God, I hope he doesn't start Martin on Tuesday. He was completely ineffective today and away from home I would expect even less, if that's possible. I have great respect and gratitude for his goals in previous seasons but it seems to me he just hasn't got it any more.

55 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Didn't see anything today to get me excited about the rest of the season. 

A fringe play off side turned into something completely void of anything ! 

Cheer up with a bit of luck we may get dragged into a relegation battle:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Good God, I hope he doesn't start Martin on Tuesday. He was completely ineffective today and away from home I would expect even less, if that's possible. I have great respect and gratitude for his goals in previous seasons but it seems to me he just hasn't got it any more.

Like Bryson?

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Is there anyone else on here who actually enjoys football, likes going to Pride Park and supporting Derby County ?

I'm feeling increasingly paranoid and isolated and that there's something a bit wrong with me 

I like going to Pride Park and supporting Derby but Rowett's brand of football is absolutely dire. How can he justify today's team selection ? It's easy to blame the players but Rowett picks the team, sets the tactics and should be motivating the players. No evidence of the last two.

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Is there anyone else on here who actually enjoys football, likes going to Pride Park and supporting Derby County ?

I'm feeling increasingly paranoid and isolated and that there's something a bit wrong with me 

Cheer up, F****t lost today! If we can't say anything positive about our own team, then we'll just have to console ourselves with taking pleasure at the Red dogs' misfortunes.

Archived