Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

Disappointing. Lack of ideas all over the pitch until Birmingham scored. Bennett did fantastic for the goal, strength, pace and a good cross with his left foot. Very happy to see him in the squad ahead Russell. Carson's kicking was abysmal and has been the last few games, needs to sort it out. 

Two big games coming up away from home now. Be interesting to see what Rowett does with the team. Wisdom, Ledley, Bennett and Winnall all to come in for me.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Oh FFS he sounds like Brownio. Be wanting *men* out there on the pitch! Last refuge that calling for more fight. Perhaps more midfield creativity would help Gary?

I was thinking exactly that after that statement, we have some very good players but yet still seem unbalanced in midfield but to want players to stand up and fight....how about some tactical nous and systems to beat teams like Brum...FFS !!!

To summerise 

No passion 

No pace 

No power [put them two in because GR said thats what he wanted.]

Disjointed 

Sterile 

Boring 

Lose away /draw at home relegation form  ,can't see us getting anything away for a very long time and any decent side will turn us over at home .Happy if we stay up ,and for the record I am normally quite balanced this was tripe.

Don't really see how he can change the formation too much? How much different is 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1? Rowett's really messed up not sorting out any athletic CM's. 

Proper annoyed me that he went on about bringing more energy and athleticism to this team but has so far made it slower.

Also annoyed me that he talked about adaptability and being able to play in different positions but we've only got the players for 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.

To make it worse, Nugent/Vydra were completely toothless today. Wonder if he thought they were the answer and we've had a bit of a false dawn.

Poor in possession

not sure how Johnson is the player we decided to keep out of our previous midfield selection.

the players look like they are losing that early season bounce.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Agree mostly but first half was a crafty and hardworking Vydra with little smarts around him. He was among but a few who looked quality. Id have him behind Winnall - the finisher.

Is Vydra smartness being out of position when their midfield are running from deep at ours?

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Is Vydra smartness being out of position when their midfield are running from deep at ours?

He looked the most clever in possession of all of our players. He also won balls. Didn't think he was anywhere near the worst player and removing our biggest goalscoring threat right now was a bit daft. Nugent was the one on walkabout with headless chicken Weimann. Just far too many poor quality players against a useless Birmingham side ... 

In truth, its been poor management decisions for years that have resulted in where we are, when i say management i mean from the top, i said a while ago we were a club in turmoil and got 'told off', which resulted in me putting in the dictionary definition, i still believe we are a club in turmoil, and i hope that MM (who i believe has Derby at his heart, but has made some awful decisions all over the club) can take a step back,and review his set up and appointment process, because despite his obvious investment we are looking worse now than when he took over which is bizarre, but to my eyes true.

To some, maybe many, this may seem overly harsh criticism, but as a lifelong passionate supporter its how i feel, and see the club atm.

I hope GR has the skills and strength to steer us forwards and create 'a new' Derby way, but the last transfer window doesn't fill me with confidence and todays lack lustre performance was a result of that window in my opinion.

So i will hold my further opinions until the end of January, when i hope to see something that makes me feel there is a plan that illustrates 'The New Derby Way'

Just now, Ninos said:

He looked the most clever in possession of all of our players. He also won balls. Didn't think he was anywhere near the worst player and removing our biggest goalscoring threat right now was a bit daft. Nugent was the one on walkabout with headless chicken Weimann. Just far too many poor quality players against a useless Birmingham side ... 

Is being the most clever on the ball being effective though? I see your point and I like Vydra but I think there has to be a serious questions in games like today because when the chips are down he appears toothless. Today was desperate for someone to get on the ball and take the game 'by the horns', get the tempo going and the crowd excited and he didn't do it.

29 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

"Embarrassing" apparently, that we controlled the game and got a point against an expensively-assembled Birmingham side who came for a draw. Our fans are c***s aren't they.

Its not a very nice thing to say our fans are crabs.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Is being the most clever on the ball being effective though? I see your point and I like Vydra but I think there has to be a serious questions in games like today because when the chips are down he appears toothless. Today was desperate for someone to get on the ball and take the game 'by the horns', get the tempo going and the crowd excited and he didn't do it.

He's not a midfield player.

Just got home ( well pub over the road) I don’t think I’ve felt this depressed after watching a game of football. It was dire from both teams. IF I was forced to pick positives out of that. Probably Masons appearance as sub, even if he did blow his one chance. I just don’t know what to suggest. We can’t sack another manager and obviously need to change formation but I’m not sure what to. Might be worth trying a 3/5/2 especially in the next 2 away days.            

Carson

Wisdom.    Davis.      Keough

lawrance hudds Johnson Ledley Olsen

Vydra           Winnall 

I’m not sure I like it myself but can’t think of anything better to get anything from our next 2 games. Anyone else got anything more positive to offer??                   

21 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

No it wasn't serious ? it was a sarcastic response to the comment that i was replying to!

I thought you was chatting pure s**** as well to be fair. 

Johnson/Green playing wide, running and tucking in.

Ward/Lawrence creative outlet.

Hudds/Bailey quarterback.

Nuge/Theo running the channels and working hard.

Chrissy/Savies brilliant but lazy. 

Ledley/Bryson running and harassing.

26 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Don't really see how he can change the formation too much? How much different is 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1? Rowett's really messed up not sorting out any athletic CM's. 

Proper annoyed me that he went on about bringing more energy and athleticism to this team but has so far made it slower.

Also annoyed me that he talked about adaptability and being able to play in different positions but we've only got the players for 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.

To make it worse, Nugent/Vydra were completely toothless today. Wonder if he thought they were the answer and we've had a bit of a false dawn.

It's almost as if he's all talk ....

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Isn’t that more the two men behinds job though? Vydras role in that system is to be the luxury flair player that makes something magic happen when he gets the ball, not take control of the game. Hudds and Johnson should be doing that but seemingly aren’t. Vydra is the sort of player who needs a side performing well around him to be effective, like against Hull.

Archived