Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It was the players mistake.

Really? Fact is we have sold or loaned out 5 midfield players and replaced him with 1 out n out winger . Hell he must be good !!! If the manager knew what he was doing and hadnt been scratching about in the bargain aisle at 10.59 on Thursday  this would not have happened.  

In England, there's usually a yellow Post-it Note on a legal document, with an instruction from the lawyers to 'sign here'.

This instruction was obviously Double Dutch for poor old Kief.

Let's hope we don't have to sign a Greek player at the last minute. He'll be in tears too.

Shame but these things happen

Anyone who has watched that Sheff U story of deadline day will see what utter madness it seems to be - it is totally to be expected that things go wrong in that environment. As indeed they did there.

Don't get the need for a scapegoat/heads roll thing. I'm sure everyone was doing their best in crazy circumstances.

A week ago nobody had heard of the bloke. 

We still have a huge squad with plenty of options

Great opportunity for others to step in. And to utilise that squad. 

And helps with the squad slimming too........

Perhaps I think too much of people, but a little part of my holds out hope for Redknapp, being an ex-employee and apparent friend of Mel Morris, to release Kieftenbeld and allow him to sign permanently. I assume they're going to need to free up places for wages, with FFP being a potential issue down the line. However, I'm sure they'd rather get a fee.

Here's hoping. 

1 minute ago, Seaside Ram said:

Really? Fact is we have sold or loaned out 5 midfield players and replaced him with 1 out n out winger . Hell he must be good !!! If the manager knew what he was doing and hadnt been scratching about in the bargain aisle at 10.59 on Thursday  this would not have happened.  

We were always going to be getting rid of more players than we were bringing in. That was our clever plan of how we were going to make the squad size smaller.

I can't remember any posts crying about squad size after the Kieftenbeld 'confirmation' last week. Now suddenly, he was the make or break between a good squad size and absolute despair? I'd personally have kept Elsnik, but the rest of our deadline day dealings were good with me. I think GR will work hard to bring in a free agent CM and then at least numbers-wise, we should be fine until January.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I think too much of people, but a little part of my holds out hope for Redknapp, being an ex-employee and apparent friend of Mel Morris, to release Kieftenbeld and allow him to sign permanently. I assume they're going to need to free up places for wages, with FFP being a potential issue down the line. However, I'm sure they'd rather get a fee.

Here's hoping. 

Won't happen

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Here's hoping. 

That would certainly be in the spirit of the game, cmon Arry do this. Everyone's a winner winner chicken dinner in this scenario.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Here's hoping. 

He had to be released before the deadline for us to get him on a free now.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Here's hoping. 

Would be nice, but like before I don't think it's possible.

He was registered at a club as deadline day passed. Unless the rules changed this season, if he was released he wouldn't be able to be registered to play until January anyway.

8 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Rowett said he would have left the Bryson deal to go side by side with the Kieftenbeld deal so they either went through together or not at all but he couldn't wait any longer due to Bryson going to Cardiff which was classed as an international transfer. Also the paperwork was signed and on time, just signed in the wrong place so had to be re-done, so hardly scratching around for a bargain at 10.59

Archived