Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but:

If Birmingham City released Kiefetenbeld, would Derby then be allowed to sign him immediately? 

I know that's unlikely to happen, seeing as Birmingham missed out on a CDM on deadline day.

Not without precedent, we did the same for Albentosa, in a sense.

Its the registration - but if, in theory we could sign a different free agent, Ledley for example, then surely if Brum cancel his contract, the same theory should apply?

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If Birmingham City released Kiefetenbeld, would Derby then be allowed to sign him immediately? 

I know that's unlikely to happen, seeing as Birmingham missed out on a CDM on deadline day.

No

Would have to be a free agent before the window closed.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I really hope you mean this and seeing as you have now admitted you no longer support Derby and have become a fully fledged treetard, @David  should make sure you can only post in the sections reserved for other fans.

Look, listen, I can support both teams if I want! I am still a supporter but will pay far less attention.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Are you saying it isn't Derby Countys fault? How dare you? The Drama queens desperately need it to be the fault of somebody at the club so they know who to have a hissy fit at :angry:

But it still IS the clubs fault. We waited until last minute. For 300 thousand, I don't imagine we had to wait for other moves to be completed. 

Really disappointing but we're never going to know who exactly was the main reason this didn't go through, but some will still be rubbing their hands together as they can use this as part of their agenda against the club.

If Kieftenbeld was in 'tears' and blamed himself, it could suggest that there was a delay on the forms regarding him/his agent. We can say in hindsight that we now have too few midfielders, but when we believed Kieftenbeld was our player, I didn't see too many posts regarding squad size. Most were quite happy with the situation. We're one player short until January. We can use youngsters to fill in or we can look at free agents to at least provide cover.

Obviously not ideal but we'll have to make do.

4 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

From sky sports,

"Quite extraordinary, Kiefdenbeld signed the registration form 20 mins before the deadline, but he signed the wrong part of the registration form. Derby sent the paperwork over again but it was too late and past the deadline, Kiefdenbeld in tears" 

Just quite depressing really

Mistakes happen but someone has to be checking stuff like that. Either way, again it all comes down to making sure that if you do last day deals and send so many midfield options out, you are100% confirmed about players coming in and therefore fully covered within the squad.

Just now, McLovin said:

Look, listen, I can support both teams if I want! I am still a supporter but will pay far less attention.

Then you're not a supporter. If you can't support us when we f*** up, then don't both supporting us in the good times. 

5 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

From sky sports,

"Quite extraordinary, Kiefdenbeld signed the registration form 20 mins before the deadline, but he signed the wrong part of the registration form. Derby sent the paperwork over again but it was too late and past the deadline, Kiefdenbeld in tears" 

Just quite depressing really

I thought as long as holding paperwork saying a deal was being done was in by 11 there were 2 hours to complete formalities after that. Its very harsh.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm not 100% but I'm sure I read that free agents can only be signed if they ended the transfer window as a free agent.

If this was possible, the window would never really end, there would be agreements all the time with an agreed payment coming in January.

I think a lot of people's frustrations come from us letting Elsnik, Butterfield and Bryson all go on deadline day which now leaves our once bloated midfield incredibly thin. It also leaves the same problem we had before of our midfield having no energy. We will see many more defeats like the sheff Utd game as more teams click on. 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Really disappointing but we're never going to know who exactly was the main reason this didn't go through, but some will still be rubbing their hands together as they can use this as part of their agenda against the club.

If Kieftenbeld was in 'tears' and blamed himself, it could suggest that there was a delay on the forms regarding him/his agent. We can say in hindsight that we now have too few midfielders, but when we believed Kieftenbeld was our player, I didn't see too many posts regarding squad size. Most were quite happy with the situation. We're one player short until January. We can use youngsters to fill in or we can look at free agents to at least provide cover.

Obviously not ideal but we'll have to make do.

For a club of our size to "make do" is a joke statement in itself. We weren't good enough before.... in fact we were miles from being good enough and now guess what?.... we're still not good enough and missing the type of player we needed.... it's unacceptable 

Just now, Rample said:

I thought as long as holding paperwork saying a deal was being done was in by 11 there were 2 hours to complete formalities after that. Its very harsh.

Think you have to apply to have an extension, filling out an additional form, which, by all accounts, takes 30 mins to complete. We essentially had 20 mins to spare with all paperwork complete, except the one the player signs!

Archived