Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

2 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

It's not harsh though is it?.... what happened to the legal teams reviewing contracts and documentation.... not harsh it's just absolute basics

Bit difficult when they are in England and the player is in Holland.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one's view on this is relative to expectations.  If you thought Derby had a chance of promotion, you're probably gutted as we will have to rely on Hanson, Baird, Guy as cover for Johnson (Thorne cover for Tom). And Keith would seem better than Johnson in the role. 

I reckon this season was always going to be one of transition (And we are in no shape to stay in Prem even if we were to get promoted although that's a different argument). So I see the positives in this.  Development of youngsters will be accelerated, meaning we may have a richer home grown crop by next season. 

Can we please just support the youngsters. Even when they make the inevitable mistakes while they are learning 

Just now, ossieram said:

It is the clubs fault that the player signed in the wrong place?

No, that isn't the club's fault. But surely you have to allow yourself time for human error? My criticism here is it's all too last minute. We should have completed the deal earlier.

Just now, Sir Ramalot said:

For a club of our size to "make do" is a joke statement in itself. We weren't good enough before.... in fact we were miles from being good enough and now guess what?.... we're still not good enough and missing the type of player we needed.... it's unacceptable 

A previous post has just quoted Sky Sports saying that Kieftenbeld signed the wrong part of the form and that's why the deadline was missed.

How can the club be solely to blame for that? Deals are done last minute in nearly every club. If that mistake wasn't made, the deal would've been done in time and you'd have to find something else to whinge about.

Just now, Pottig said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but is it not possible/reasonable to recall Bryson from Cardiff? Or Butterfield from Wednesday (but that would presumably mean Winnall would have to go back)?

I believe now if you try to recall it has to be within a transfer window? Or that was the case with Martin last year, so I think that probably won't be possible.

Just now, Pottig said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but is it not possible/reasonable to recall Bryson from Cardiff? Or Butterfield from Wednesday (but that would presumably mean Winnall would have to go back)?

After Butterfields comments after his switch to weds I'd rather not have him back, plus he's been s**** for us

Archived