Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

From Sky Sports News:

"DERBY WAIT ON KIEFTENBELD

Derby are still waiting for confirmation from the EFL to confirm whether the signing of Maikel Kieftenbeld from Birmingham was registered before the transfer window closed.

The Rams say the deal went right to the wire, and the EFL are still investigating whether the transfer can stand.

Kieftenbeld has not yet been registered as a Derby player, and has been unable to train with Derby, while the officials do their work.

Even if the deal is ratified today, Kieftenbeld will be ineligible to play against Hull, live on Sky Sports, tomorrow night, as he missed today's midday deadline." (my highlighting)

Seems odd if the paperwork was in on time that we should have to wait to play him because it takes a week for the EFL to do its own paperwork.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Wow ... Im glad some of our so called fans are so positive . It really helps when we have "fans" moaning at matches , creates a great atmosphere.

Does he go?

Just now, OohMartWright said:

From Sky Sports News:

"DERBY WAIT ON KIEFTENBELD

Derby are still waiting for confirmation from the EFL to confirm whether the signing of Maikel Kieftenbeld from Birmingham was registered before the transfer window closed.

The Rams say the deal went right to the wire, and the EFL are still investigating whether the transfer can stand.

Kieftenbeld has not yet been registered as a Derby player, and has been unable to train with Derby, while the officials do their work.

Even if the deal is ratified today, Kieftenbeld will be ineligible to play against Hull, live on Sky Sports, tomorrow night, as he missed today's midday deadline." (my highlighting)

Seems odd if the paperwork was in on time that we should have to wait to play him because it takes a week for the EFL to do its own paperwork.

EFL do whatever they want ... 

QPR and FFP spring to mind

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It's always the fans fault!! The club are always the victims it's never their fault.

The way you have abused players online in the past, is there any wonder we have trouble encouraging players to come?

Just now, McLovin said:

On a serious note, you were right to create this topic. I very much doubt anyone would have questioned this or the club otherwise. 

There is questioning the club and then there are assumptions. All we know is there is an issue, what and why we do not know. Times like these I long for the days before everyone demanded instant information, the amount of wild and unsettling speculation is madness.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

On a serious note, you were right to create this topic. I very much doubt anyone would have questioned this or the club otherwise. 

Thanks, but I'm a plagiarist at heart.....

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

if it's up to the EFL then I can see them making an example out of us due to Mel's dislike of them. Moreover, Silva's deal for Leicester failed even though it was only 14 seconds after the deadline. They will most likely follow FIFA's example.

i.e. abide by the letter of the rules, which totally contradicts your first bit about making an example of us. It was either late or it wasn't.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

The way you have abused players online in the past, is there any wonder we have trouble encouraging players to come?

Who said we had any trouble encouraging player's to come? If you think the abuse Derby fans give out is bad then you clearly haven't seen fans of other teams. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I'm a little confused as to why this has taken a week to sort out, surely something like this should have been a priority for the league to conclude before the next weeks fixtures? 

Agreed. Isn't it a binary issue? Either the paperwork arrived on time.  Or it didn't. 

15 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

......Seems odd if the paperwork was in on time that we should have to wait to play him because it takes a week for the EFL to do its own paperwork.....

There's probably a shortage of vellum for the details to be transcribed onto - I blame the vegans.....

Archived