Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

From a Derby County club spokesman.

"We are still waiting for clearance from the EFL with regard to the transfer of Maikel Kieftenbeld. Hopefully, we will get a resolution to this today. We have been in contact with the EFL all week. It’s a timing issue. The player hasn’t trained with us, because of us still waiting for clearance, with it being one of the later transfers in the window.”

Fingers crossed this is just cos it takes a bit of time to process all the paperwork when so many clubs are signing players at 10 59...

Just shows the perils of doing last minute deals.

Gary said he wanted to have different kind of options but in midfield (if this doesn't go through and even if it does, I think we might be one short) compared to last season, our options now are worryingly limited. I understand why players have to go, whether it be loss of form, not suiting style of play or high earners but without sufficient replacements, we may of severely handicapped ourselves.

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Fingers crossed this is just cos it takes a bit of time to process all the paperwork when so many clubs are signing players at 10 59...

Has Butterfield and Bryson been cleared then i thought all 3 were last minute ??? the only team i heard was late was fester and that was 14 seconds apparently if all the paperwork was faxed/sent before 11 we don't have a problem....surely DCFC must know this much...this isnt sunday league lol

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

A slightly more dramatic angle from Sky

This does make Keif sound like he really wasn't on our radar to be so late i know its been said that Davis and Leadbitter were our choices...looks like it might've been a slightly desperate signing hope i'm wrong

Given the Leicester situation when it was only the final piece of paperwork that went over deadline (and then only by 14 seconds), it would be a tough call for the EFL to set a different precedent if this does prove to have been late. Oops!

If the deal does end up not having been done, it's a great opportunity for the likes of Guy and also Max Lowe (who prefers left side of midfield to full back). But even without them we would still be left with Huddlestone, Johnson, Baird, Hanson and Thorne so there are options and cover.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Given the Leicester situation when it was only the final piece of paperwork that went over deadline (and then only by 14 seconds), it would be a tough call for the EFL to set a different precedent if this does prove to have been late. Oops!

If the deal does end up not having been done, it's a great opportunity for the likes of Guy and also Max Lowe (who prefers left side of midfield to full back). But even without them we would still be left with Huddlestone, Johnson, Baird, Hanson and Thorne so there are options and cover.

But are these options good enough for where we need to be?

10 minutes ago, Saity said:

Has Butterfield and Bryson been cleared then i thought all 3 were last minute ??? the only team i heard was late was fester and that was 14 seconds apparently if all the paperwork was faxed/sent before 11 we don't have a problem....surely DCFC must know this much...this isnt sunday league lol

14 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A week though? Good job there's been an international break - I'd be spitting feathers if I were in Keith's shoes.

Oh I'm 100% clutching at straws on this one :)

Maybe loan deals take less paperwork?

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

2 of them are always injured and Hanson doesn't really cut it for me...that leaves Hudds,Johnson,Baird......and possibly Guy .....Great!!! :unsure: perhaps we are going to bypass the midfield :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I'd feel happier about this if it was a general delay and there were other clubs in the same situation as us. So far, the Leicester mess is the only other one I know about.

And they've been stuffed! I wonder whether we've some sort of appeal in? Can't see why it would take so long to check the time stamp and count the number of forms...

Archived