Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of dual posting,but as there are duplicate threads running, I've posted this on the other one just to give a different perspective.

You wait until the last minute because you can't move until someone else moves. If they don't move until the last minute, then neither can you and this is what can happen.

It's unfortunate that Derby found themselves in a situation where they needed one out before getting someone else in, that earlier targets hadn't worked out and as Gary has said, other offers/deals he expected to be done for players leaving weren't forthcoming.

I have some sympathy here. Gary and his team have clearly been working very hard to do deals all summer but we're not where we were two years ago and can set the agenda and bring in who we want. These days we are at the beck and call of others, and that leaves you vulnerable. Derby have gambled and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. On this occasion it hasn't. 

6 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

At the risk of dual posting,but as there are duplicate threads running, I've posted this on the other one just to give a different perspective.

You wait until the last minute because you can't move until someone else moves. If they don't move until the last minute, then neither can you and this is what can happen.

It's unfortunate that Derby found themselves in a situation where they needed one out before getting someone else in, that earlier targets hadn't worked out and as Gary has said, other offers/deals he expected to be done for players leaving weren't forthcoming.

I have some sympathy here. Gary and his team have clearly been working very hard to do deals all summer but we're not where we were two years ago and can set the agenda and bring in who we want. These days we are at the beck and call of others, and that leaves you vulnerable. Derby have gambled and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. On this occasion it hasn't. 

I agree to an extent but when you are sending out so many midfield options on the last day, you have less margin for error.

Total sham of a club. As stated here if someone's head doesn't roll for this il be amazed. Shocking planning and we were weak as it was... this guy could have given the bite that frankly speaking we have needed for a long long time.... poor planning and poor club. Another embarrassing season ahead I feel

12 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Total sham of a club. As stated here if someone's head doesn't roll for this il be amazed. Shocking planning and we were weak as it was... this guy could have given the bite that frankly speaking we have needed for a long long time.... poor planning and poor club. Another embarrassing season ahead I feel

OMG Really? Bored of this mud slinging now.

Why should someones head roll? If as it is stated that the guy signed the wrong part of the document then he only has himself to blame. He was not at Derby at the time and it was last minute. Mistakes happen. I am sure we are not the only team to fall foul at the last minute. 

As far as I am concerned the FA should cut some slack in situations like this. Did the guy sign? yes the fact it was the wrong part of the document should just be semantics. If he hadn't signed at all or after the deadline then ok.

As for a shortage in midfield, we can still loan someone short term who is out of contract, might not be ideal but would eleviate some of the pain.

Archived