Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Simsy said:

How is it worse? We had 2 players who are outright cdms and now we seem to have 3. 

Bryson is not a cdm and butterfield isn't anything 

Bryson has barely played there in all fairness to him. Not been given a chance next to Huddlestone really.

We have 3 players for 2 positions. Baird isn't really a cdm. Hanson isn't really a footballer. And we don't know about Guy. 

Huddlestone, Johnno and Keiftenbeld for 2 positions all year? Worse, imo.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I'm seeing on here that he is a DM? Is that really needed with George back? 

Cant say I know a lot about him 

Yes because George is injury prone and only Huddlestone is a natural cdm. Johnson is better higher up but does a job there and the 2 we have loaned out really are not natural cdms. 

So we did need another cdm IMO and we have one. Truth is I don't know how good he is!

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

In a system with two dms then yes. Thorne and hudds can't be expected to be fit every game, and even if so, he provides competition 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Hope you're right because Brum fans are saying he's pretty poor in possession and one made a joke saying the fee would rise to 4 million if he managed to pass the ball to a Derby player. His energy is what we have missed in midfield though.

Kinda surprised by that. Few times I've seen him hes looked "decent" in possesion and passing stats back that up with mostly 70s at Birmingham and low 80s whilst at groningen. He's not going to be splitting defences open but I expect he will be tidy.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Yes, ive been saying for 2 seasons before we got Vydra, that we needed 3 DMs,  2 to play and one in reserve (which is usually throrne, given his fitness record)

Now that GR doesnt want to play a 4-3-3 and utilise Bryson, instead plumping for 4-2-3-1 with with a forward in the hole, currently Vydra. Then it makes even more sense.

If you think one isnt needed, then we will always be mid table at best.

3 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

And Thorne. So only 7 players in the squad to play 2 positions. Do you think we'll cope?

Wouldn't count Thorne, hardly reliable for a whole season. Baird is a decent rb but would you really want to rely on him at CDm? Hanson is terrible and we don't know about Guy really. That leaves 3, 4 if u count Guy.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Kinda surprised by that. Few times I've seen him hes looked "decent" in possesion and passing stats back that up with mostly 70s at Birmingham and low 80s whilst at groningen. He's not going to be splitting defences open but I expect he will be tidy.

Right. And if he can win the ball and give it to Huddlestone then that'll probably do.

Just now, brady1993 said:

We need an energetic ball winner and in your face type midfielder, in the seth johnson mould.

Im not saying the new lad is that, but we dont need an immaculate passer if you have hudds and possibly thorne in the squad.

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Bryson has barely played there in all fairness to him. Not been given a chance next to Huddlestone really.

We have 3 players for 2 positions. Baird isn't really a cdm. Hanson isn't really a footballer. And we don't know about Guy. 

Huddlestone, Johnno and Keiftenbeld for 2 positions all year? Worse, imo.

Yeah but how's it worse? Surely before this Dutch guy we had 2 players for 2 positions? 

Or are you suggesting Bryson/butters are dms?

for me we had 2 dms we now have an extra one so can't be worse.

Archived