Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Doodle said:

I think Winnall is 1 st choice away and Nugent is 1 st at home. Can’t see this signing changing that. More of a late impact player imho

Rowetts thinking is not as rigid as this - his selections are more about the team we are playing against rather than simple home or away.

46 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

i think if we had made a move for a similar player in another position we wouldn't question it so much... i feel this signing opens up more questions than answers - why has gary bought another striker (and not a young one at that)? is CM or DB (or both?) on his way out? i personally thought we'd go for someone in the middle as a similar-player backup for TL... are we simply reading too much into this and GR reckons he could do a specific job for us and he's got him on a (relatively) cheap deal for a season or so and he doesn't make up much of our transfer strategy?

I think many fans (me included) were of the opinion that the likeliest signings, or possibly what we needed was a higher quality wide player (than Russell and Weimann) and an attacking midfielder. Interesting that it looks as though the first 2 additions in this window may well be an out-and-out striker and a back-up keeper.

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I think many fans (me included) were of the opinion that the likeliest signings, or possibly what we needed was a higher quality wide player (than Russell and Weimann) and an attacking midfielder. Interesting that it looks as though the first 2 additions in this window may well be an out-and-out striker and a back-up keeper.

Think Russell is having a decent season and is improving game on game , looks far better on the right where he couldn’t get in ahead of ince last season , wiemen is stepping up too so perhaps we are ok there

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Thought this deal would have been wrapped up by now. Anybody know what the delay is? I'll have a guess that there was a large queue at the post office when he was picking up his pension. Enlighten me if anybody knows better.

Wisdom gave him a lift to Moor Farm...

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Medical isn’t until tomorrow is what I’ve just seen on twitter.

Who tweeted? A little birdie?

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Medical isn’t until tomorrow is what I’ve just seen on twitter.

That makes sense. He'd have to dig up a field of they wurzels first before leaving Naaarfolk, then droive over to Derby, find Moor Farm, spend half an hour looking for the barn or the farmhouse before discovering it's not that sort of farm, see Brad Johnson and look surprised as to why he was there and not at Derby City, look around the place, negotiate a contract, feed the chickens and before you know it, the sun's gone down.

13 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Thought this deal would have been wrapped up by now. Anybody know what the delay is? I'll have a guess that there was a large queue at the post office when he was picking up his pension. Enlighten me if anybody knows better.

Followed the crowds and ended up at Aldi.

One of Russ Abbots better ones.

Got myself excited for this signing now, I’ve missed us having a shithouse striker who can shove someone off the ball and smack in a header. Probably what we were missing at Wembley all those years ago.

I’m a fan of Nugent and Winnall but I much prefer more physical strikers. As Delia would say, let’s be ‘avin ya ?

Archived