Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a alot of comment about firstly, his age then, his goal scoring record and finally his transfer fee.

Let's take one at a time.

1. Age matters if your looking long term to maybe develop a player and then sell on. Normally those sort of players are not for the here and now or if they are very expensive.We want someone initially for half season to get us into the premiership.

2. His goal scoring stats as reproduced by various fellow posters compare very favourably with our current strikers plus he has scored at a higher level.If he carries on with his rate of scoring and assists this may just be enough to get us over the line.

3. What do get for 1.5m when championship players are being sold for up 15m. 1.5 million is cheap if it helps buy you a ticket to the Premiership and many millions that await.

It is a gamble but so is everything. It is however a calculated consider gamble. GR is no fool and does not do things without carefully thinking them through.

He has done nothing so far for us to question his judgement,  so why start now.

9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Your always going to get miners who are stuck in there ways , everyone has an opinion . But for the way we play Jerome will fit in.

Absolutely. His goal scoring record in his last two seasons at Championship level is brilliant.

Hard worker who runs the channels well and will look at making runs in behind.

Will appreciate our fast attacking style of play.

It's a perfect fit isn't it? 

41 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Some jokers. Didn't this get old about 3 years ago?

Amateurs.

Which team uses an announcement photo that has the player in another teams shirt?

We don't need long-term forward thinking signings, that's what a youth setup and all the £££ you get upon getting promoted is for. 

Personally, I don't know why we're going to get Jerome. But, I though some of our summer deals were questionable (as much as I supported them), and look how that turned out.

As long as he buys into the spirit of the squad he definitely brings something new into our attacking fold.

9 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

You are wasting your breath. If we get to become an established top 10 premier side people like him will still be moaning. They did before when we were winning the league title 

Is it really the same Gerry Daly that destroyed us in the Semi Final and then gave years of good service to DCFC .

Fantastic Midfielder.  

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Seems as though nobody can post anything other than 100% support for the management and agree with every decision. So just gonna sit here like this

giphy.gif

Its a strange, scary world - is it not?

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We don't need long-term forward thinking signings, that's what a youth setup and all the £££ you get upon getting promoted is for. 

Personally, I don't know why we're going to get Jerome. But, I though some of our summer deals were questionable (as much as I supported them), and look how that turned out.

As long as he buys into the spirit of the squad he definitely brings something new into our attacking fold.

i'll agree with that. If Cameron Jerome is a ram.... then he's a ram. hope he helps to finish off the job. Up the rams

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Tried it under Nigel Clough, now I like to have an open mind and think what all the possibilities might be, good and bad and see where that takes me.

Im pretty open minded generally - but being entirely ignorant of Cameron Jerome, I feel any doubting in this specific circumstance would be unjust.

I'll be comfortable doubting with complete ignorance once GR ***** something up.

Archived