Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

29 minutes ago, rynny said:

Seems as though nobody can post anything other than 100% support for the management and agree with every decision. So just gonna sit here like this

giphy.gif

Gary-Rowett.jpg

I have to say though it's actually refreshing to see so much support and trust in a manager's decisions, whilst no manager will achieve a 100% approval rating I'm struggling to remember the last time a manager had this level of forum support, and to be fair he has earned it.

No signing should trigger a meltdown as they have in the past and given a chance to pull the shirt on before being booed. 

(P.S Can I just say how much I love that picture of Rowett, works well in so many situations)

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Im pretty open minded generally - but being entirely ignorant of Cameron Jerome, I feel any doubting in this specific circumstance would be unjust.

I'll be comfortable doubting with complete ignorance once GR ***** something up.

Fair enough, and I wasn't knocking people who want back the manager 100%, it is the comments to people that don't. Comments like let's sack the manager and get you as the manager. Or telling people to shut up etc.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Gary-Rowett.jpg

I have to say though it's actually refreshing to see so much support and trust in a manager's decisions, whilst no manager will achieve a 100% approval rating I'm struggling to remember the last time a manager had this level of forum support, and to be fair he has earned it.

No signing should trigger a meltdown as they have in the past and given a chance to pull the shirt on before being booed. 

(P.S Can I just say how much I love that picture of Rowett, works well in so many situations)

It is a great picture. In fact there are quite a few of Rowett that are brilliant. @Ryan O'Meara must have a loads and for every situation.

Like I said to Saint, I am fed up of people having a go at people for expressing their opinion because it doesn't line up with theirs, both ways. 

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

Fair enough, and I wasn't knocking people who want back the manager 100%, it is the comments to people that don't. Comments like let's sack the manager and get you as the manager. Or telling people to shut up etc.

It is a great picture. In fact there are quite a few of Rowett that are brilliant. @Ryan O'Meara must have a loads and for every situation.

Like I said to Saint, I am fed up of people having a go at people for expressing their opinion because it doesn't line up with theirs, both ways. 

Like who for instance. 

Just now, curtains said:

Is it really the same Gerry Daly that destroyed us in the Semi Final and then gave years of good service to DCFC .

Fantastic Midfielder.  

Yep it' me. Remember my penalties? Run in from well outside the box and smack it into the bottom corner. Never missed

Never rated Jerome, yet hated him lining up against Derby, funny that? If he is so bad why was I so afraid of him?

Rowett is clueless, so I thought. He had the worst transfer window in history, many of us said. Yet we seem to be second in the division, 5 points above Villa and Bristol with these awful players.

We need a different option and I have decided it's time to trust Rowett in his judgement.

Let's say we get promoted, would we really be that concerned having a 32 year old player with a 1 year contract who would have half of the championship sides wanting to sign him?

I reckon 150 off million would soften the blow.

As with any signing, we'll only know whether it was wise or foolish after a period of time has passed and we can see what contribution the player made (and, for those who care about such things, how that contribution compared to his fee).  I can see why people aren't excited; I can also see why people want to have some faith in GR.  Either way, as I've said already in this thread, the fee makes this quite a low risk strategy.

I imagine that people react to the overtly negative comments with frustration because it seems a bit unnecessary when you're second in the league and most signings so far have been pretty good... but then if he turns out to be crap, at least they can dig the comments out with a handy "told you so" tag.

21 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Yep it' me. Remember my penalties? Run in from well outside the box and smack it into the bottom corner. Never missed

Yes they even had to paint the penalty spot for you against Man Cty  I think your more likely to be Gerry Atric  though ?

Whilst I might appear to have seemed quite negative towards Gary Rowett back in October, I should like to state here and now that I was actually saying Boo-urns.

He’s a superb signing really - totally different from what we have - and his power and aerial threat will be something that will benefit us and I think after he signs I predict Rowett will even speak to that - improving our execution on set pieces and crosses. Jerome is a key piece of that attacking puzzle.

4 hours ago, Harrowram said:

No thanks. Can't hit a barn door. He would have made a fine sprinter but he isn't a great footballer. Must be a relatively short term signing to get us over the line.

3 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Not enthralled but hope to be proved wrong

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

A forum would be a boring place if we can't have our opinions though? That's what a forum is for though isn't it Eddie?

Rammie there is a difference between the 2 comments mentioned above

Archived