Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Thought this deal would have been wrapped up by now. Anybody know what the delay is? I'll have a guess that there was a large queue at the post office when he was picking up his pension. Enlighten me if anybody knows better.

Long wait in the 'spoons next door. Well it is 2 steak dinners for  £5 on a Tuesday for Senior Citizens :thumbsup:

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Hope he’s afforded a little patience by our fans. Davies wasn’t perfect straight away and it’s taken Huddlestone and Lawrence till now to really look like good signings imo.  I think Jerome is a perfect ‘other option’ for us.

I know what you're saying but let's hope he doesn't take too much bedding in since we are at the business end of the season. We need every player at it if we are to maintain our automatic promotion push.

54 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Based on WhoScored's 'history' section (which is quick - I think accurate, but cant be certain):

CM: 66
SW: 21
DN: 40
DB: 24
MV: 39
CJ: 35

I make that 225 goals in the Championship across our 6 central forwards.

You have MV on twice ;)

16 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Bit of love on the Oatcake forum, all agree good for the championship and like the comment about how he bullied Luke Shaw.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/276050/cameron-jerome-derby

not sure about the song suggestion :ph34r::lol:

I like how facts can be altered to suit an argument.

"Nearly £2mil for a 32 year old"

It's been reported everywhere as £1.5mil. He's 31.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Based on WhoScored's 'history' section (which is quick - I think accurate, but cant be certain):

CJ has scored a lot more than that I think.. is that just the last three seasons? 

38 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Since the 2010-2011 season, he has scored 15 goals in 146 Premier League appearances, so it seems like if we do get promoted he's not going to be good enough next season. Admittedly a large chunk of those will be substitute appearances I suppose.

Still I don't suppose anyone will be complaining if manages to chip in and help us get there.

Yes nugent and  Jerome both been promoted a few times but not really cracked it in the Prem. But they wil do for now I think.  

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

You are 40 goals out on your CJ total - he has 75 Championship goals in total.

You've used Whoscored History stats, but they only go back to season 2009/10, so you have 
18 goals for Norwich 2014/15, 16 goals for Norwich 2016/17 and 1 goal for Norwich 2017/18
which does indeed add up to the 35 you've quoted.

However, you need to add on 6 goals for Cardiff 2004/5, 18 goals for Cardiff 2005/6, 7 goals for Brum 2006/7,
and 9 goals for Brum 2008/9 - so that's another 40 goals to add to your original 35 quote = 75 Championship goals in total.

On a quick check you are 33 goals short on Dave Nugent's total as well, with 33 goals for Preston between Jan. 2005 to July 2007.

About 32 goals short for Chris Martin as well, for Norwich and Crystal Palace between 2006-2012, which don't show on Whoscored History.

Over 40 goals short for Darren Bent as well, for Ipswich between 2002-2005.

So your grand total for our 6 Central forwards should be approx. 380, rather than the 235 you've quoted from the Whoscored stats.

Note that the Championship wasn't founded until 2004, so some of Bent's goals for Ipswich weren't strictly scored in the Championship
but were in the old second-tier First Division. The Premier League was formed in 1992, and the English second-tier League was then called the First Division from 1992 until the formation of the Championship in 2004, at which point the English third-tier League then assumed the title of the First Division.

Oh for the good old days when the Football League consisted of Division 1 , Division 2 , Division 3 and Division 4.

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Thought this deal would have been wrapped up by now. Anybody know what the delay is? I'll have a guess that there was a large queue at the post office when he was picking up his pension. Enlighten me if anybody knows better.

Apparently he was just about to drive to Derby when the DVLA called and informed him that given his age he'd need to re-sit his driving test. The cab's on its way...

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

If our average age gets any higher we will need to join a walking football league!

Maybe but we'd absolutely smash it. 

Archived