Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Warming to this signing, another player to enhance our physicality, can't think of a more brutish side than us in this division, who can also play football. I also seem to recall Rowett saying that he valued a players attitude & personality as much as their footballing attributes. I get the feeling he is building a true team here....... Roll on the rest of the season. COYR

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't pretend to try and understand the finances with no departures as of yet but this is, I reckon a very sound get you over the line signing. Strong, athletic and I suspect I'll work well with Vydra or Lawrence. I always felt he was dangerous. Hope he still has some pace. If he is even a patch on Nuge then it's a good deal. Welcome CJ 

surely Benty and CM deals must be in the pipeline ? 

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We have some big lads for sure:

Wisdom - Keogh - Davies - Forsyth

Huddlestone - Thorne - Jerome - Martin 

At least 7 likely to be on the pitch at some point out of 10 outfield players. 

Don't mess with Derby!

It’s the little one that does the damage- VYDRA - come on you Rams

Just now, irobinson said:

It’s the little one that does the damage- VYDRA - come on you Rams

And that's it isn't it. Creating a balance. Weiman, Lawrence, Vydra and even Nuge are nimble and quick but we have some muscle to and real presence stand with them. 

24 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We have some big lads for sure:

Wisdom - Keogh - Davies - Forsyth

Huddlestone - Thorne - Jerome - Martin 

At least 7 likely to be on the pitch at some point out of 10 outfield players. 

Don't mess with Derby!

Carson, Ledley, Bruno !

1 hour ago, mice_elf said:

You are 40 goals out on your CJ total - he has 75 Championship goals in total.

You've used Whoscored History stats, but they only go back to season 2009/10, so you have 
18 goals for Norwich 2014/15, 16 goals for Norwich 2016/17 and 1 goal for Norwich 2017/18
which does indeed add up to the 35 you've quoted.

However, you need to add on 6 goals for Cardiff 2004/5, 18 goals for Cardiff 2005/6, 7 goals for Brum 2006/7,
and 9 goals for Brum 2008/9 - so that's another 40 goals to add to your original 35 quote = 75 Championship goals in total.

On a quick check you are 33 goals short on Dave Nugent's total as well, with 33 goals for Preston between Jan. 2005 to July 2007.

About 32 goals short for Chris Martin as well, for Norwich and Crystal Palace between 2006-2012, which don't show on Whoscored History.

Over 40 goals short for Darren Bent as well, for Ipswich between 2002-2005.

So your grand total for our 6 Central forwards should be approx. 380, rather than the 235 you've quoted from the Whoscored stats.

Note that the Championship wasn't founded until 2004, so some of Bent's goals for Ipswich weren't strictly scored in the Championship
but were in the old second-tier First Division. The Premier League was formed in 1992, and the English second-tier League was then called the First Division from 1992 until the formation of the Championship in 2004, at which point the English third-tier League then assumed the title of the First Division.

Oh for the good old days when the Football League consisted of Division 1 , Division 2 , Division 3 and Division 4.

Transfermrkt is a good source for this data. Also, saves chasing it around for it yourself or believing Wiki!

At Championship level, from the most prolific to the least. 

Sam Winnall: 52 Apps - 21 goals - 2 assists - 3,163 minutes - 151 minutes per goal. 
Darren Bent: 123 Apps - 44 goals - 20 assists - 7,893 minutes - 179 minutes per goal.
Matej Vydra: 170 apps - 59 goals - 21 assists - 10,607 minutes - 180 minutes per goal.
Cameron Jerome: 251 Apps - 75 goals - 26 assists - 16,761 minutes - 223 minutes per goal. 
David Nugent: 346 Apps - 115 goals - 52 assists - 25,704 minutes - 224 minutes per goal.
Chris Martin: 277 Apps - 81 goals - 34 assists - 20,268 minutes - 250 minutes per goal.

All in all, our strikers have 1,219 Championship games between them. also, 395 goals & 155 assists. 

All of them have a record of scoring a goal within three (full 90 minutes) games. When you consider the amount of games played that's comforting to learn. 

We need to do something about Winnall - for sure! 

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Transfermrkt is a good source for this data. Also, saves chasing it around for it yourself or believing Wiki!

Sam Winnall: 52 Apps - 21 goals - 2 assists - 3,163 minutes - 151 minutes per goal. 
Darren Bent: 123 Apps - 44 goals - 20 assists - 7,893 minutes - 179 minutes per goal.
Matej Vydra: 170 apps - 59 goals - 21 assists - 10,607 minutes - 180 minutes per goal.
Cameron Jerome: 251 Apps - 75 goals - 26 assists - 16,761 minutes - 223 minutes per goal. 
David Nugent: 346 Apps - 115 goals - 52 assists - 25,704 minutes - 224 minutes per goal.
Chris Martin: 277 Apps - 81 goals - 34 assists - 20,268 minutes - 250 minutes per goal.

All in all, our strikers have 1,219 Championship games between them. also, 395 goals & 155 assists. 

All of them have a record of scoring a goal within three (full 90 minutes) games. When you consider the amount of games played that's comforting to learn. 

He needs to start for a lower team to prove himself.

41 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I had indeed cobbled my figures together from Whoscored and Wiki.

However, from Transfermarkt, Darren Bent has 72 second tier goals, not 44. You have missed out Bent's second tier goals for Ipswich

in the 2002/3 and 2003/4 seasons.

As previously stated, the Championship wasn't so named until 2004. From 1992, when the Premier League was formed, to 2004, the 

second tier was called  the First Division. So Darren Bent's goals in the second tier, from Transfermarkt, are :-

02/03 12 goals for Ipswich in the First Division (ie. second tier)
            03/04 16 goals for Ipswich in the First Division (ie. second tier)
            04/05 20 goals for Ipswich in the Championship (ie. second tier)
            14/15 12 goals for Brighton/Derby in the Championship (ie. second tier)
            15/16  2 goals for Derby in the Championship (ie. second tier)
            16/17 10 goals for Derby in the Championship (ie. second tier)

Total second tier goals  =  72

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Welcome to derby countyi hope everything goes well, Rowett doesn’t half like experienced players it seems

i fully expect Rowett will select Chris Martin to start on Friday!

Indeed. Pretty much the opposite of what he said in the summer when he said he was going to go for youth.

10 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Indeed. Pretty much the opposite of what he said in the summer when he said he was going to go for youth.

These are the young players he was after.

The john terry, Peter crouch, Ashley cole, and gareth barry deals all fell through.

9 hours ago, Highgate said:

Since the 2010-2011 season, he has scored 15 goals in 146 Premier League appearances, so it seems like if we do get promoted he's not going to be good enough next season. Admittedly a large chunk of those will be substitute appearances I suppose.

Still I don't suppose anyone will be complaining if manages to chip in and help us get there.

We will sell him for a profit if gr doesn't think he is god enough for the prem

6 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm hoping he feels that Guy, Bird, Lowe, MacDonald, Elsnik, Thomas, Gordon etc are not that far away and so will gradually introduce in next year or so as our older players start needing more recovery time in between games.

That said I don't know which of our youth players do and don't fit a GR style of play. 

On 1/15/2018 at 20:22, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Could be worse, we could’ve spunked £14m on Jordan Rhodes not too long ago

Plus £1.5m spent on CJ stops him scoring against us on the run in ????

I will never let my Wendy mates in the office forget that, the utter **** they were giving me that we were gonna be mid table at best this season and that they have a real chance of autos..... Bloody Yorkshire Puddings.

9 hours ago, mice_elf said:

You are 40 goals out on your CJ total - he has 75 Championship goals in total.

You've used Whoscored History stats, but they only go back to season 2009/10, so you have 
18 goals for Norwich 2014/15, 16 goals for Norwich 2016/17 and 1 goal for Norwich 2017/18
which does indeed add up to the 35 you've quoted.

However, you need to add on 6 goals for Cardiff 2004/5, 18 goals for Cardiff 2005/6, 7 goals for Brum 2006/7,
and 9 goals for Brum 2008/9 - so that's another 40 goals to add to your original 35 quote = 75 Championship goals in total.

On a quick check you are 33 goals short on Dave Nugent's total as well, with 33 goals for Preston between Jan. 2005 to July 2007.

About 32 goals short for Chris Martin as well, for Norwich and Crystal Palace between 2006-2012, which don't show on Whoscored History.

Over 40 goals short for Darren Bent as well, for Ipswich between 2002-2005.

So your grand total for our 6 Central forwards should be approx. 380, rather than the 235 you've quoted from the Whoscored stats.

Note that the Championship wasn't founded until 2004, so some of Bent's goals for Ipswich weren't strictly scored in the Championship
but were in the old second-tier First Division. The Premier League was formed in 1992, and the English second-tier League was then called the First Division from 1992 until the formation of the Championship in 2004, at which point the English third-tier League then assumed the title of the First Division.

Oh for the good old days when the Football League consisted of Division 1 , Division 2 , Division 3 and Division 4.

I knew someone would be willing to put in more effort than me. 

I was suspicious they were low, hence why I cited the potential inaccuracy :D 

Archived