DcFc Dyycheee

Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

He is both an excellent fit and awful fit.

We need a big bullying striker to fill Nugent’s boots now he seems to be slowing down a bit, just needs to be able to move the defence about a bit to create space for Vyds and chip in with a handful of goals before the end of the season. Nugent and Winnall will probably still play their part.

Jerome historically fits that bill and 1.5 million is peanuts.

However, we do not not not need another 30+ striker on the books. We might get use out of him until the end of the season but if we don’t go up, we’re stuck with Nugent and Jerome as our two strikers- both 33 and on big wages. Good luck shifting them.

And if Norwich fans are saying his legs have gone already, what are we actually achieving in bringing him in? It might be that they’re fed up of him, like some Derby fans are with Martin, so are just badmouthing him on his way out but I reckon he could be a dud.

Hate to be a “Martinite” but this team is playing football more and more, I’d rather see him stick around and see where we are at the end of the season. We’ve won games when Martin’s started, Nugent’s started and Winnall’s started. I don’t think 2018 Cameron Jerome represents enough of a step up from any of them to warrant bringing him in.

I'm completely with you @Leicester Ram

As much as I like Martin I wouldn't be opposed to letting Martin go if it meant bringing somebody who is going to be an improvement on Nugent/Winnall. I could even understand letting Martin go and bring in a young player with bags of potential. 

But Jerome ? An aging player who relied on his athleticism but has lost his pace? I just don't see how this makes us a better side. 

If it's a case of Martin wanting out and Jerome is the only player in the right price range, just tell Martin to suck it up and you'll let him go in the summer.

Whole thing doesn’t quite add up.

If GR is an admirer then Martin out will have to happen first. He’s on record over and over as not adding anyone until we reduce. He has also been saying he’s looking for forward players to improve the mix. I’m neutral on jerome not keen on his age or his record, but at this point Rowett is making thoroughbreds out of ponies so whatever he decides I’m  ? with. 

The best player we could introduce into the mix in my view is Thomas.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Whole thing doesn’t quite add up.

If GR is an admirer then Martin out will have to happen first. He’s on record over and over as not adding anyone until we reduce. He has also been saying he’s looking for forward players to improve the mix. I’m neutral on jerome not keen on his age or his record, but at this point Rowett is making thoroughbreds out of ponies so whatever he decides I’m  ? with. 

The best player we could introduce into the mix in my view is Thomas.

Oh no I feel dirty, I agree with you ! 

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Oh no I feel dirty, I agree with you ! 

And I feel dirty that a Martinite agrees with me :thumbsup: lol

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Haven't we learnt to trust the club yet? An opinion is fine but let's not pretend we know best. 

Couldn't agree more can't believe our fans are taking any notice of what Norwich fans are saying  The most successful Championship manager of all time is Warnock and he's on record as saying he's interested in signing Jerome 

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.