Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/09/2017 at 19:33, Mistaram said:

Don't tell me your to thick to work out who scored our goal yesterday 

I am sorry, but seeing as you are calling people thick. I would just like to point out your comment should read "Don't tell me you're too thick to work out who scored our goal yesterday"

Sorry, people in glass houses and all that.

55 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I am sorry, but seeing as you are calling people thick. I would just like to point out your comment should read "Don't tell me you're too thick to work out who scored our goal yesterday"

Sorry, people in glass houses and all that.

Haha brilliant, my response to that read - 

*you're too thick, oh the irony. ?

I just didn't see the reason to mention Winnall and Sheff Weds in response to a tweet about Bryson from Cardiff. 

I would fully expect Winnall to outscore Bryson as one is a midfielder and one a striker.

My point isn't too complicated for you is it?  

Funnily enough I haven't had a response. 

38 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Haha brilliant, my response to that read - 

*you're too thick, oh the irony. ?

I just didn't see the reason to mention Winnall and Sheff Weds in response to a tweet about Bryson from Cardiff. 

I would fully expect Winnall to outscore Bryson as one is a midfielder and one a striker.

My point isn't too complicated for you is it?  

Funnily enough I haven't had a response. 

Oh yes. I should have read on. But hey I had my two penneth worth or should that read too or to?

On 9/24/2017 at 20:52, i-Ram said:

I can understand fans frustration but l don't think based on two year evidence that Brys was the answer. Gary obviously didn't and thought he had bought his replacement :

"In terms of tackles, interceptions, desire, hunger and drive, he's probably the best player I've ever worked with in that sense".

f****** useless at filling in forms though!  Kieftenberk

To be fair in those two years he's been playing on and off in a very hot and cold side which underwent several managerial changes, but I do agree he's been somewhat underwhelming. Then again I'd say Huddlestone has been just as underwhelming in his league games, to such an extent that I'm not actually sure he has the legs to play in a two man midfield anymore. 

I think the upsetting thing is that Bryson truly loves this club and you can tell it. If there's one thing that was lacking above all else against Birmingham it was desire. To see that same desire applied by Brys for Cardiff while our midfield is lumbering around is just difficult and raises some questions for me. 

I also find it strange that his replacement Kieftenbeld is supposedly the best he's ever worked with in all of those areas, yet it took him until late on deadline day to make the decision. Any fan could have told you our midfield has been lacking in those areas for a couple of seasons now.

On 9/24/2017 at 20:04, RoyMac5 said:

It's good to see that even our keeper is not being played to his strengths! Why don't we try playing it out from the back? #rhetoric

Exactly...how to concede possession in one fell swoop.............

but of course I forgot, .....possession doesn't actually win you games does it, in this new "gegenpresse" / "go on opposition, you have the ball" {so that you attack us and we steal off you and score a goal whilst you're all dis-organised} sort of World. 

In fact, Carson is probably tactically conceding possession...yep! You can''t score a goal whilst you have the ball...:mellow: #gegenpressen-post-possession-football

11 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

To be fair in those two years he's been playing on and off in a very hot and cold side which underwent several managerial changes, but I do agree he's been somewhat underwhelming. Then again I'd say Huddlestone has been just as underwhelming in his league games, to such an extent that I'm not actually sure he has the legs to play in a two man midfield anymore. 

I think the upsetting thing is that Bryson truly loves this club and you can tell it. If there's one thing that was lacking above all else against Birmingham it was desire. To see that same desire applied by Brys for Cardiff while our midfield is lumbering around is just difficult and raises some questions for me. 

I also find it strange that his replacement Kieftenbeld is supposedly the best he's ever worked with in all of those areas, yet it took him until late on deadline day to make the decision. Any fan could have told you our midfield has been lacking in those areas for a couple of seasons now.

Indeed...doesn't really hold water., does it? And neither does "Bryson's legs have gone" as he actually was able to run those geriatric little jambes to the edge of the Sunderland box after 6 minutes on Saturday before volleying home the first goal...and you may have also noticed that whenever Bryson has been allowed to play in his "natural position" {advanced midfield} he has scored (eg Leicester, FA Cup Home Leg last year, Ipswich away last year, Kidderminster pre-season friendly). In fact, when he plays advanced centre midfield, he is remarkably consistent in scoring goals. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Indeed...doesn't really hold water., does it? And neither does "Bryson's legs have gone" as he actually was able to run those geriatric little jambes to the edge of the Sunderland box after 6 minutes on Saturday before volleying home the first goal...and you may have also noticed that whenever Bryson has been allowed to play in his "natural position" {advanced midfield} he has scored (eg Leicester, FA Cup Home Leg last year, Ipswich away last year, Kidderminster pre-season friendly). In fact, when he plays advanced centre midfield, he is remarkably consistent in scoring goals. :mellow:

Don't.

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

I'm happy for Bryson personally. Great player and must be enjoying his football supported by a manager who appreciates his talent. He will want to stay there for sure.

And if he decides to stay and keeps playing well that will only build his worth. Good business I say. Let's face it we could have sold him this year at a rock bottom price.

8 hours ago, Ninos said:

I'm happy for Bryson personally. Great player and must be enjoying his football supported by a manager who appreciates his talent. He will want to stay there for sure.

He was the victim in a midfield where the club spent £11 million on Butterfield and Johnson and successive managers expected that they would be able to contribute more which they haven't 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

And if he decides to stay and keeps playing well that will only build his worth. Good business I say. Let's face it we could have sold him this year at a rock bottom price.

We have probably already agreed to sell for a rock bottom price.

Watched quite a bit of the Cardiff game last night (while listening to us on the radio (capitulating again!)). Cardiff were impressive - great work ethic/energy and Bryson allowed to play further forward so constantly around the edge of the Leeds box - looked like his old self....think we might get a real tonking on Saturday....

I watched most of the Cardiff match. Interesting to see their pass stats, bottom for number of passes and passes completed in the league, yet top for number of balls into the opposition half. When Cardiff attacked it was perfect for Bryson, he could run beyond the striker nearly every time, if it broke down he was quite often out of the game but Bamba sitting infront had it all covered.

We stopped Bryson being able to do that along time ago and he certainly seemed more energised. Unless you play at a high tempo, most of what Bryson is good at is wasted.

All this "cares about the club" ? 

Toyed with the idea of leaving soon as the Play Off final whistle blew, then the second a club shown a interest he was off in a flash  for talks - only doing U-turn when we offered a ridiculously long term contract (5 friggin' years) to satisfy his needs.

Aye, that's love alright. 

Archived