Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just goes to show that perhaps the fault is not so much with the squad but with a succession of managers, Stevie Mac aside, who don't seem to understand where players fit best nor the most appropriate system for the squad they've taken charge of.

It's kind of frustrating to say the least!

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Sounds the exact opposite to the bloke whose arrival ousted him!!! I said then and i will say it again Huddlestone is the problem and my fear is that GR will try everything around him whilst refusing to see it ! He must be axed v Taffs or we will get over run and stuffed.

Huddlestone's arrival had nothing to do with Bryson leaving. It was the imminent arrival of Kieftenbeld that he was allowed to leave, which was done before the confirmation of Kieftenbeld due to Cardiff being governed by the Welsh FA and was classed as an international transfer and takes longer to process. Rowett has already said that if he knew that Kieftenbeld transfer would not have gone through then he would not have let Bryson go.

The grass is always greener. Lets be honest a change has probably done him the world of good he has 1 amazing season but he has struggled to replicate it and has been in and out for years.

What is depicted as 'endless running' on the back of a win is 'headless chicken' on the back of a loss this forum is a culprit for that.

Kieftenbeld seemed a similar player and the failure to secure him has made Brysons sucess more bitter to take.

FWIW I have always rated him and feel he could have done a job for us this season but there is no point crying over spilt milk.

12 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

In the present setup its hard to see were he would fit in Im a Bryson fan but the way Rowett wants to play there's no way to fit him in pity 

I fully understood the exit of Bryson (on the assumption that Kieftenbeld was joining) but wouldn't he have actually suited the "no.10" role in away games playing behind Martin? Say with Lawrence, Hudd, Ledley & Johnson in a midfield 4.

Every day that passes the decision to let him go without the guarantee of a quality replacement looks more and more ridiculous. 

We're a joke. Struggling for energy in midfield and our most energetic midfielder has walked into the starting 11 of the team currently dominating at the top of the league.

I sometimes wonder what it's like that doesn't constantly shoot itself in the foot...I can't even imagine what it must be like.

22 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Every day that passes the decision to let him go without the guarantee of a quality replacement looks more and more ridiculous. 

We're a joke. Struggling for energy in midfield and our most energetic midfielder has walked into the starting 11 of the team currently dominating at the top of the league.

I sometimes wonder what it's like that doesn't constantly shoot itself in the foot...I can't even imagine what it must be like.

Don't think letting Bryson go was ridiculous I think Joe Ladley is better .

I'm not completely against this decision for the sheer fact that he clearly didn't fit into rowett's plans. He wouldn't be used in a way that would suit his skillset so why keep him? The same goes for Martin - two outstanding championship players that would have both just been festering on the bench for the entire season.

8 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm not completely against this decision for the sheer fact that he clearly didn't fit into rowett's plans. He wouldn't be used in a way that would suit his skillset so why keep him? The same goes for Martin - two outstanding championship players that would have both just been festering on the bench for the entire season.

If you have two outstanding Championship players at the club and the manager doesn't play them we've got the wrong manager.

14 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

If you have two outstanding Championship players at the club and the manager doesn't play them we've got the wrong manager.

Not really true if you have to so called outstanding Championship players who have not been playing to the standard expected of them you can hardly expect the manager to select them can you That certainly the case with both players 

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Not really true if you have to so called outstanding Championship players who have not been playing to the standard expected of them you can hardly expect the manager to select them can you That certainly the case with both players 

Wixman1884 said they were outstanding not me ,if you read my post I said if they were.

Archived