What are we in desperate need of?

kyle mccabe

39 minutes ago, ramma said:

Cause and effect. Now and the next 2 seasons is about dealing with the prior 3 seasons of calamitous decision making and delegating. 

Previous 3 seasons where he has been owner of 2 of them?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think some of us are guilty of looking for simple solutions to quite a complex problem. 

We could have beat Sheff United today with our counters. We could have. Quite easily. 

But does anyone believe we could play like them? Support each other like that? Cover, overlaps, creating space for each other? 

We don't do it. We have good individuals and we'll see off some good teams. But we aren't a team. Everything is disjointed. Nothing is instinctive. Nothing comes naturally to us. Not the way we pass, the runs we make etc. Right now our plan is for Huddlestone to throw a stick for the greyhounds.

I'm sure it will be enough to beat some actual teams that do all the things we don't do. But it won't be enough to give us any long term development. 

Rowett needs to figure out what he wants. (For a bloke that likes to press high we've never sat so far back since Clement today.) Then it just needs patience while he finds his players. 

Not patience forever. But a steady improvement while accepting the odd bump in the road. 

You know, what Pearson (spit), Clement, Mac and Wassall didn't have. 

So many at Derby thought we had this beast of an engine that needed tuning. We sacked the mechanics and it turned out the engine isn't that good. Keep the parts that are good, rebuild and ffs keep calm when it next stalls

Nothing to do with positions or formations

Much more  to do with personality, mentality and attitude

Obviously combined with a certain minimum level of ability. 

I would say that currently we have only two  players  (out of eleven) who just will not allow himself to be beaten, whatever the circumstances.

Wisdom and Keogh. 

Its not enough. In our previous successful promotions we will have had at least 8 or 9. The rest then become spurred on to the same mentality. 

Unless we get hold of another 6  or 7  Wisdoms/Keoghs we will not be successful in this league.

Doesn't matter what positions they play, or what formation we play. 

We need winners. 

We currently don't have winners at Derby County, unfortunately. 

What are we in desperate need of? A chill pill.

Are we honestly going to react like this after every defeat/substandard performance? This team is in a transition. I fear some of you are going to make it through the season if you can't take it at this stage. 

If you want some ideas of where we are lacking you just needed to have watched the Dirties destroy our neighbours tonight. Strong at the back but they have creativity and pace, midfielders that link up really well with the strikers, threats out wide and above all it is the tempo they play at. They pass and move the ball quickly, look a real threat moving forward and have a cutting edge......

This isn't about this player & that player being good enough its about the team cheating the fans..................It's about a team that deep down think they are better than all in the division (how may players have you heard say words to the effect of "hopefully our quality will shine through & win it for us"). Until they realise that they have to work harder than the other team they are going nowhere. The strange thing is they ARE a very talented bunch, just a shame they have a collective infectious laziness about them.

I'd like to see a goalkeeper at Derby who actually knows how to keep goal! That would be a start. And how about some defenders who know how to defend ffs?! And some forwards who actually GET FORWARD?! And while we're at it, maybe some midfielders who actually MIDFIELD instead of running around NOT MIDFIELDING for 90+ mins - then driving their Bentleys home to their tanned wives and having M&S food for tea EVERY NIGHT. That's what we need at Derby and we also need a manager who isn't TOTALLY CLUELESS and perhaps an owner who ACTUALLY OWNS the club???

Rant over.

Close thread.

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Nothing to do with positions or formations

Much more  to do with personality, mentality and attitude

Obviously combined with a certain minimum level of ability. 

I would say that currently we have only two  players  (out of eleven) who just will not allow himself to be beaten, whatever the circumstances.

Wisdom and Keogh. 

Its not enough. In our previous successful promotions we will have had at least 8 or 9. The rest then become spurred on to the same mentality. 

Unless we get hold of another 6  or 7  Wisdoms/Keoghs we will not be successful in this league.

Doesn't matter what positions they play, or what formation we play. 

We need winners. 

We currently don't have winners at Derby County, unfortunately. 

In the other thread,  wisdom was being quoted as admitting the game was lost after 20 mins. 

20 mins!!!!!

Doesn't sound like never say die to me. 

21 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

In the other thread,  wisdom was being quoted as admitting the game was lost after 20 mins. 

20 mins!!!!!

Doesn't sound like never say die to me. 

i thought Curtis Davis was going to add some starch to our defence - be more of a leader 

Rowett needs to get rid of the players that are holding this team back. if we end up with a team of u23s and youth players that are working there nads off and losing to sheff united 3-1 i will not care anywhere near as much as i do when i watch this current rif raf (il still be miffed but it wouldnt be as bad)

Archived