Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Really poor today, I just don't see what Gary is trying to achieve with how he sets the team up.

He then goes on Radio Derby, and lambasts the way the team performed, even though he'd selected it and prepared it.

I just don't see what he offers that McClaren didn't, except Steve had an identifiable way of playing, which I've not seen from a Rowett team so far.

He talks well, and performs at Q&A's admirably, but I've yet to see that he's got a plan that advances us on the pitch.

Above average squad, below average manager is how I'd sum us up right now.

Good points, well made. I am a GR fan. However, his Derby County team looks very ordinary...and I don't see any pattern emerging save for a sort of "kick and rush" style which bypasses the midfield. Ok, I'll admit I'm a bit of a purist but if this style continues I will find parting with £660 on season tickets next year quite a bit more difficult to do. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well, the fact you pulled it up on Lawrence being ''ok'' whereas many of our players today were below that standard. It's implied. Probably because that's what everyone else is trying to do?

You are wrong Sir. Who in their right mind would blame a sub coming on at 60 odd minutes for a defeat away from home?!! Especially when 2 players in our team have gifted goals. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

However, his Derby County team looks very ordinary...and I don't see any pattern emerging save for a sort of "kick and rush" style which bypasses the midfield.

Gary Rowett prefers Klopp / German type football to Barcelona / Spanish type football.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You are wrong Sir. Who in their right mind would blame a sub coming on at 60 odd minutes for a defeat away from home?!! Especially when 2 players in our team have gifted goals. :mellow:

Which is why I was so baffled, if I misunderstood I apologise.

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Really poor today, I just don't see what Gary is trying to achieve with how he sets the team up.

He then goes on Radio Derby, and lambasts the way the team performed, even though he'd selected it and prepared it.

I just don't see what he offers that McClaren didn't, except Steve had an identifiable way of playing, which I've not seen from a Rowett team so far.

He talks well, and performs at Q&A's admirably, but I've yet to see that he's got a plan that advances us on the pitch.

Right behind Rowett,but at half time my 15 year old said,

"Dad,I wish Steve Maclaren was in the dressing room".

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Right behind Rowett,but at half time my 15 year old said,

"Dad,I wish Steve Maclaren was in the dressing room".

I want to like him, and his interviews are good.

It's just the evidence on the pitch over a quarter of a league season so far make it hard. 

Sorry Gary.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I want to like him, and his interviews are good.

It's just the evidence on the pitch over a quarter of a league season so far make it hard. 

Sorry Gary.

I have to back him and haven't seen his post match interview(still walking home via numerous pubs).

Did he admit we were garbage?

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

I have to back him and haven't seen his post match interview(still walking home via numerous pubs).

Did he admit we were garbage?

Not Really, just said the players didn't fight enough, or didn't apply the game plan he'd provided. 

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Not Really, just said the players didn't fight enough, or didn't apply the game plan he'd provided. 

I'll listen when I get in,but he should just say we were crap.

I noticed the players bickering...not great.Or maybe they are showing they care.

Can it really be manager after manager can not get the best out of our squad ?

McClaren

Clement

Wassall

Pearson

Powell

McClaren

Rowett

have all had a crack at it or is it that we have a few bad apples in the mix that have been there since the start,

something is inherently wrong !

mitchell

forsyth

shackell

keogh

hanson

bryson

thorne

martin

russell

bennett

bent

add onto those

Johnson

butterfield

is it the manager or is it the squad

43 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good points, well made. I am a GR fan. However, his Derby County team looks very ordinary...and I don't see any pattern emerging save for a sort of "kick and rush" style which bypasses the midfield. Ok, I'll admit I'm a bit of a purist but if this style continues I will find parting with £660 on season tickets next year quite a bit more difficult to do. 

Don't worry. Season tickets are free next year. 

I wasn't really listening today but when I got chance it sounded like the passing wasn't great. When Martin came on he was getting the ball in the corner flag. ?????. We can't have too many games like that but let's not panic and make any daft over the top decisions like sign an average player for £7m who we then spend the next three seasons trying to get rid of them.

57 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In the interview iirc he stated that both in last season and in this season they have seen that the current team were not capable of sustaining the levels of intensity and work rate that they require .

My analysis of that is therefore they are never going to be , the attempt to change the problems has failed (14 games?) , if we can't buy and sell the players we want due to the current transfer market , I would immeadiately drop Johnson (Harsh but we need to break the mold ) Weimenn (not consistent enough) , Russell (Poor Form) , from the Squad and  get some balls and replace with under 23,s in the first team , I accept we are not going to go up this season but we need to start to break up this team now and prepare for the 2019/20 season (I think it will take that long to clear out this team ) as the season of serious challenge for promotion

Handed 3 goals on a plate. Vydra should've scored and should've had a penalty, they didn't have a clear cut chance until 80+ minuets when we committed multiple bodies forward thrying to get back into the game. Yes there did seem to be a distinct lack in work rate from some players but today was no where near some of the dross we watched last season, especially under pearson. Average start, still 41 games to go, I cant imagine what the Sheff Wed/Norwich/Villa/Birmingham forums look like if this it what ours is like. Next 5 games will begin to determine where we will finish, especially with some more difficult opposition on the way, lets just see what happens

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It really is nothing like David v Goliath and as long as fans keep on having silly thoughts like that I'm afraid the levels of disappointment will stay very high.

I'd say that it's more about the Blades having nothing to lose. There's no pressure on them, you see. They're not going for gold (literally). They can play with a wanton abandon which Derby can't. They haven't coughed up what Derby (or Wednesday) have. We're both hamstrung by our own expenditure. We're so scared of not getting the ball in the pocket that we miss or neglect to consider where the cue ball's going to wind up. United are also underestimated and an unknown quantity. Nobody's figured out yet what their achilles heel is.

P.S. I told you that Billy was an Anthony Blunt. ;)

Archived