Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

Loads of flaky results today.

2 week break . Let's hope we get 1 or 2 more in and ditch/loan a few out.

This season will be all over the place with at least 15 teams in with a shot of the playoffs and we will/be 1 of them.

Its gonna take a lot of patience .

Easy to say but very hard to stomach.

Patience is a virtue.

COYR

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sage said:

Until sign a CM with energy Bryson needs to play whether we play 433 to get near Martin or in the hole behind Nugent or Martin.

We have such a mismatched squad with too many 'niche' players it's a mess. 

You drop Johnson for Bryson and you lose strength.  You play Johnson instead of Bryson you lose energy.  CM with energy and strength needed.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Er. Yes it was.  It was just a metaphor. On paper a big team v a team with no big names. 

Not really. A team with over paid and over rated players v a team that works hard and is probably under rated. I expected us to get beat as we will against hull and any other decent side. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Until sign a CM with energy Bryson needs to play whether we play 433 to get near Martin or in the hole behind Nugent or Martin.

We have such a mismatched squad with too many 'niche' players it's a mess. 

Spot on until we can get anyone better he should start 

Surely if we play Huddlestone in midfield we have to play him with someone more mobile than Johnson? We all know Huddlestone isn't mobile, but he needs someone to cover him for that, Bryson is the man to do that as he has the legs to run for two I'd say. Personally, I'd start Bryson next game.

4 minutes ago, BearDCFC said:

You drop Johnson for Bryson and you lose strength.  You play Johnson instead of Bryson you lose energy.  CM with energy and strength needed.

I didn't say drop Johnson. Bryson as one of 3 in a 433 and the middle of the 3 in a 4231. Having said that I don't rate Johnson.  

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Spot on until we can get anyone better he should start 

In place of who? Johnson was better then Hudds today by a mile. So Johnson and Bryson in midfield? Same two that got dragged off after 30 mins last season playing together! 

Bad day at the office now let's move on. Hudds and Johnson have been really good the last couple of games in the 2 in front of the defence.

weve been shocking playing 433 also. All a bit head scratchy really as to why we turn up one game and not the next. Been like that for three years and no matter what players are on the pitch, what system we play and what manager we have its been no different.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really pathetic comment. He's not been here long at all, and hardly been thrown in at good moments has he? Get a grip.

I don't need to "get a grip" thank you. If a player has quality, he should look more than "ok". Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Surely if we play Huddlestone in midfield we have to play him with someone more mobile than Johnson? We all know Huddlestone isn't mobile, but he needs someone to cover him for that, Bryson is the man to do that as he has the legs to run for two I'd say. Personally, I'd start Bryson next game.

Which begs the question why we are spending £2.5 mil on a player that has to have someone next to him to cover him?

Just now, Ellafella said:

I don't need to "get a grip" thank you. If a player has quality, he should look more than "ok". Simple as that. 

It was his third game for Derby. Two of which came late on as a sub. He's human. He has to learn our system, and to play with his team mates. How on earth can you pin any of this blame on him, rather than our established squad? It's bizarre. He didn't pay his fee, so the money factor is irrelevant. 

The Good

On the counter Huddlestone's passing was ridiculous. Vydra and Weimann drove forward ok. Olsson too. Final ball was always done with eyes closed though

The Bad

We surrendered the whole pitch to defend our box. And we didn't defend it well. Never got go grips with Sheff United's system. They too were wasteful with more regular promising positions. At one point a simple pull back of 10 yards would have lead to a tap in. He chose to cross to the back post. Why? No idea. But they got in behind us constantly. Fair enough when we're chasing the game but it happened when we set up camp on our goal and refused any challenge unless it had Last Ditch!! written all over it. 

The Ugly

Russell's og. If you kick the ball really hard the way you're facing and you're facing the goal from 15 yards then there's no real surprise if it end in a goal is there? 

Not a terrible performance but one of the least composed efforts you'll see. Panic at every opportunity. Often panic for no reason. 

16 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Hate that, nothing worse IMHO. 

I am not there today so can't comment on his overal performance, even so I have never nor would I ever boo a DCFC player. 

The fans who regularly do boo our players should have a word with themselves. It's so demoralising for not only the individual, the team but also the rest of us as supporters. 

Look at the effect booing had on Bradley Johnson last year and Chris Martin the year before, at no time is this acceptable. 

Rant over!!

Piss poor result today but still no need to Boo ? 

He was no worse than anyone else.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Which begs the question why we are spending £2.5 mil on a player that has to have someone next to him to cover him?

Doesn't have to, but would look better with Bryson covering him. Some players look better with some styles, Huddlestone has never been known for running yet is one of the best passers in this league. Would Bryson have looked as good in 13/14 without Martin to ''cover'' him as such, with setting him up with chances? I'd argue not. Some players just compliment each other. Maybe Rowett doesn't favour Johnson, and knew that when he signed Huddlestone? Who knows.

Archived