View from the outside

Derbados

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The trouble with some fans is they think they have a divine right to tell people they should enjoy crap football.

Guess you wasn't enthralled or delighted during the 2006/07 season then......

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't say I'm surprised to see you being the Moan Overlord after beating our biggest rivals 2-0 at home, Roy.

Out of interest, has there been a time during your following of Derby County, that you have been (on the whole) happy? Because I've followed your posts under a number of different managers now, and under a number of different styles of play and differing results, and your outlook seems almost constantly negative. 

Ooohhh get you Mr Catty!

I have obviously found the board is busier when bad things happen. But just so you can rest easy there's plenty of times I've been happy following Derby, and that doesn't have to include the 60s and 70s Glory Days. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I don't understand a manager who takes pride in not losing

You must have hated that Brian Clough bloke when he was building his team at Derby! I seem to remember him saying that he would build from the back because you don't lose if you don't concede. 

17 minutes ago, ossieram said:

You must have hated that Brian Clough bloke when he was building his team at Derby! I seem to remember him saying that he would build from the back because you don't lose if you don't concede. 

I wasn't exactly alive then - But I'm told the first season under him wasn't overly impressive - Then he started asking his team to attack a bit more...

From what I've heard he wasn't shy of an attacking side

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I wasn't exactly alive then - But I'm told the first season under him wasn't overly impressive - Then he started asking his team to attack a bit more...

From what I've heard he wasn't shy of an attacking side

After he had built his team. But he always said he would build from the back and keep clean sheets first and then add the goals that get the wins.

We were the better team. Derby caught us cold. They rode their luck, and bar one other decent chance, they didn't really look like carrying a threat all game.

I've not spoke to one person who didn't think we were the better side, even shaggers but it's easy to say when you've won.

id rather have our manager than theirs. They are playing the type of football that will inevitably get him the sack in the end. We have someone who just needs some missing parts to fulfil his vision

We have real promise. Disappointed with yesterday's result, but was encouraged by much of our play. Needed a smidge of luck, and didn't get it.

His dad should f****** drive Osborn back to Derby he's the most overrated player ever. He is a useless player who offers nothing yet is loved so much !

The best and worst thing in that game is our style should see us to a better future than Derby's, it was just so frustrating we couldn't get it right on the day, because we had the beating of them and dominated. I've not seen us take the game to Derby away from home like that, ever.

Getting really f****** fed up of being s**** at pride park. 
The only small remorse is watching Derby fans wave their s*** flags about, bounce when the advertising board tells them to and sing songs that they've copied from clubs with much better support.

s*** day losing two nil to Derby, but some perspective is needed. We're a work in progress, and heading in the right direction

Good game 1st half, borefest 2cnd, if I'm totally honest the b******* deserved to win, we'd say the same if we defended like they did and scored two decent goals.

I would rather watch Forest try and play, and lose, than play like Derby did today and win.

Football is an art form. The deft flicks, one-two's, backheels etc - it's all what we pay to watch because we can't do it.

Derby fans will celebrate tonight absolutely, but I think some of them will be bored with mid-table Rowett type football before long when you consider the quality they have within their squad.

They really are some of the most deluded fans around. Anyone can flick a ball around in their own half, even Burton. Rowett hasn't got the dynamic side he wants yet but he tactically destroyed Warburton on Sunday. He's a use what tools you have to hand manager, he's seen we don't have the tools to do the slick passing game so adapted as such. Those muppets never gave us any credit for the good footy at the time but now they do it they are the football messiahs. The way they talk about the club is hilarious.

We're in transition and we still beat them, the same problems are in their face. No passion, no character and they still talk like they are building to something which they never do.

26 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

They really are some of the most deluded fans around. Anyone can flick a ball around in their own half, even Burton. Rowett hasn't got the dynamic side he wants yet but he tactically destroyed Warburton on Sunday. He's a use what tools you have to hand manager, he's seen we don't have the tools to do the slick passing game so adapted as such. Those muppets never gave us any credit for the good footy at the time but now they do it they are the football messiahs. The way they talk about the club is hilarious.

We're in transition and we still beat them, the same problems are in their face. No passion, no character and they still talk like they are building to something which they never do.

Yes, one of the quotes there said ‘we’re heading in the right direction’. If a 2-0 loss is the right direction, that’s really trying very hard to look on the bright side. 

Ruthless and controlled (mostly)

Far from spectacular but I agree with whoever it was who posted Rowett out tic tacked Warburton.

Impressive for a lot of reasons but still missing a bit of spark. You'd settle for that kind of performance every derby fixture. Forest had chances but lacked a bit of composure when it mattered. Carson looked very solid indeed.

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Yes, one of the quotes there said ‘we’re heading in the right direction’. If a 2-0 loss is the right direction, that’s really trying very hard to look on the bright side. 

Well they did loose 3.0 Last time they came to Derby so maybe the gumps are "heading in the right direction"

If they carry on like this They will beat us 1.0 in 3 seasons time (if were still in the same division)

Ha ha :lol:

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Ruthless and controlled (mostly)

Far from spectacular but I agree with whoever it was who posted Rowett out tic tacked Warburton.

Impressive for a lot of reasons but still missing a bit of spark. You'd settle for that kind of performance every derby fixture. Forest had chances but lacked a bit of composure when it mattered. Carson looked very solid indeed.

I must admit,whilst watching the game I wondered what Warburton could actually achieve with the quality players derby had rather than what he was working with on the day....

Archived